Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FL: 2001 S2000 - F22C - 269,xxx - Yellow - $6k

Old 01-19-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FL: 2001 S2000 - F22C - 269,xxx - Yellow - $6k

Tom
$6k
Jax, FL
PM

2001 S2000 with 05 F22 and AP2 drivetrain, clean title, 269,xxx miles - $6,000 firm

Wanted to redo this post with better pictures and description.

Had this car for some 5 years or so. Bought it with 160k on chassis and have done all the mods and work to it besides the AP2 aesthetics. This would be a good car with a proper paint job and a little body work. The drivetrain is strong and has no issues or leaks. I know its a tough sell with the chassis mileage and issues but im pretty confident I could get what im asking by parting it out.. I'd rather see it stay together and someone continue its life.

Before contacting me please keep in mind the mileage and age.. The car is nowhere near perfect.

It currently needs an alignment to be driveable for any long distance. If I get time I will have this done, its still tagged and insured.

drivetrain - Car came with AP2 transmission, I don't know the mileage on it. Just put in another AP2 diff, was told it had 80k, its smooth as butter. Engine is an 05, I got it from a guy in NC parting out his wrecked AP2. I believe it had 24k on it when purchased. Its been in the car since ~195k. I left the 24k mile AP2 flywheel and clutch on it. The heavier flywheel does make the clutch slip if you shift hard say from 1st-2nd, as if you were trying to chirp or spin the tires. Driven spiritedly without beating the crap out of it, it does not slip and will pass the high gear low speed test. I have replaced both hydraulic clutch cylinders with OEM pieces at some point. The drivetrain is AP2 from the motor back, driveshaft and all. To that end, I have also replaced both axles during my ownership. Engine has always used valvoline synthetic 5w30, it does not burn or use any. Oil in engine, trans and diff have less than 100 miles and have all been replaced within ~100 miles of its current reading. Engine is running the AP1 ECU. I revved the car to the AP1 redline until I read about possible issues doing this, since then its been kept under 8500. I have the AP2 ECU to go with the car, to use it, you would just have to get the key reprogrammed.

05 F22C ~100k miles
ap2 trans - unknown mileage, no issues
ap2 diff - 80k miles
innovative engine/trans mounts
ballade sports TCT
apr carbon coilpack cover
axles have been replaced
evasive axle spacers
ebay aluminum radiator
t1r silicone radiator hoses
invidia 60mm testpipe

suspension - Recently replaced the compliance bushings with spoon units as the OEM's were seized and wouldn't allow the car to have in spec castor. Megan toe arms have been on the car for prob 100k miles, I inspected them while replacing the shocks/springs and they still appear to be in good shape. The shocks/springs on the car are from an AP1 but not the originals.. They ride great and really made me wonder why I ever modified the car The AP1 wheels are a little beat up, I got them dirt cheap to use as spares/rollers. The RS3v2's have 1 track weekend on them and little street driving but they are about 2 years old. They've always been stored inside and show no sign of dry rot.

t1r steering rack spacers
megan rear toe arms
spoon compliance bushings
oem shocks/springs
ap1 wheels with factory size rs3v2s

Interior - Most of it has been replaced with AP2 pieces so very little wear other than the steering wheel. The backs of the seats and the roll hoops do have some wear from me having the seat all the way back, im 6ft2 so needed all the room I could get. There is a 10" tool well sub box in the trunk. I have the spare but not the tools and jack. Its also missing the panel that covers the spare tire in the trunk. I replaced a few of the back lights in the cluster but I believe one is out now.

ap2 door panels
ap2 center console
silver and cr radio doors
alpine headunit
alpine type s door speakers and tweeters

exterior - Car was originally Spa Yellow. It was repainted at some point to Rio yellow or to mimic it, atleast. The front bumper obviously came from a different car and was originally red, as well as the passenger side fender. The hood, and the doors back are vinyl wrapped in 3m sunflower yellow. This is not a great job as it was my first time wrapping a car, so I do not expect it would last. I'd be happy to finish stripping it if necessary. Underneath there is some poor paint that was lightly sanded, as well as a few spots of primer and filler for some small dings. I glossed over a sizable spot on the trunk where I sanded down too far. The passenger door was replaced and is suzuka blue, I have the original but it has a crease/dent in it. The AP1 rear bumper on the car is one of the silvers. I have the AP2 bumper that came with the car, it is not wrapped, however.

ap2 headlights
ap2 taillights
ap2 bumpers + ap1 rear
wasp splitter
j's racing rear over fenders - quarters were cut and jb welded together. fenders are held on with riv-serts/nuts and bolts so can be easily removed to properly weld the panels if wanted.

Cons and points not covered above:
- will need paint and body work, car is wrapped from the doors back but its not the best. underneath is poor paint. the front fenders are ate up from running 17x9 and 255/40 all around while being too low.
- a week after I got the car, someone hit a deer and left it in the road. I ran over the top of it. It tweaked the lower end of the rad support. Not enough to bust the rad or condensor though. I straightened it back out best I could.
- a/c has a leak. i won't give you the ol "it just needs a recharge". it has a leak somewhere. I couldn't find it.
- cruise control removed
- steering wheel shows some wear
- has ~270k miles on chassis
- left front tire has a slow leak, one of the others has a patch-plug in it.
- There is a security issue that I will discuss with serious buyers only. Not a huge deal IMO but want everything out there.
-Missing fender liners and under plastics in the front.

I have the old diff and a ton of small stuff to go with the car. Anything S2000 related is yours.

Overall, the car runs and drives excellent besides needing an alignment. If you have any questions or want to see anything else please feel free to ask.

Attachment 161547

Attachment 161548

Attachment 161549

Attachment 161550

Attachment 161551

Attachment 161552

Attachment 161553

Attachment 161554

Attachment 161555

oem shift knob is now installed, old picture sorry.

Attachment 161556

Last edited by AE_Racer; 03-13-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:32 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Great price man. This is a great fixer upper for anyone with a budget looking for an s2k. Almost makes me want to be irresponsible and buy another one...
Old 01-20-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Great price man. This is a great fixer upper for anyone with a budget looking for an s2k. Almost makes me want to be irresponsible and buy another one...
Thank you, I believe the same. This car has been amazing to me. I was driving it ~160 miles a day at one point. Thats a great idea, now you'll have one for the not so fair weather

Forgot to add info about the soft top. It is from a newer year with a glass window. Theres one tear that im aware of in the typical spot on the passenger side along the frame. Id say its 3-4 inches and should be easily patched.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:08 PM

Bump
Old 02-09-2017, 05:22 AM

Any offers? Tired of dealing with craigslisters..
Old 02-13-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interested. Can you email me at m4dk0w5@gmail.com? Thank you.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Emailed and bump
Old 02-26-2017, 11:42 AM

Car is back up for sale complete with engine.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:02 PM

Bump
Old 03-23-2017, 04:01 PM

Bump

Quick Reply: FL: 2001 S2000 - F22C - 269,xxx - Yellow - $6k