Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.

FS: 2000 S2000 NFR/Black West TN

Old 09-12-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 2000 S2000 NFR/Black West TN

Name: Nolan Tanner
Price: $12,500 (or make me an offer I can't refuse)
Details: 2000 NFR/Black 130k miles (daily driver so it'll go up slightly)
VIN: JHMAP1143YT002566

Hi S2ki,

I bought this excellent S2000 back in September 2012 so it's been 4 great years of open-top motoring. I have a little girl that's now 2 and I'm now having to take her to daycare in the mornings and while a car seat can go in the S2k, it's really not ideal with the airbag..AND I've found out recently we're pregnant again so I'll be needing to carry 2 kiddos and that's just impossible in this car. So in the interest of my kids’ safety and transportation, I sadly must let her go.

I am the 4th owner. I bought it from tommygun124 on this very forum so I think this is the best avenue to find a well deserving home for it to be fully enjoyed.

It has never been in an accident and it's almost paid off but not completely so the title is currently with PenFed.

Mechanical:

The car is super solid and starts every time without fail and drives straight and true. The engine sounds great and is very strong. The engine had been replaced with a 2001 by the original owner due to valve damage (done at a dealership) and now has 120k on it. Engine has AP2 retainers and keepers as the second owner wanted to be cautious due to the 1st owner's issues with valves bending. The engine does not leak a drop. I have recently replaced both the transmission and rear diff fluids. I have installed a new thermostat and radiator when the original one split at the top a few months ago. I replaced it with a fully aluminum one so that will hopefully never happen again.

It is just now due for an oil change and that will be done this week.

The car has a K&N FIPK intake on it, sounds great and actually delivers power. The car also has a great looking Apexi World Sport II Exhaust which sounds amazing when you get on it but is quiet enough you can drive around without any droning.

Transmission is super smooth without any grinds or issues at all. It has a Moddiction countersunk heavy knob on it which helps shifting and feel a lot.

Tires are BF Goodrich G-Force Sport COMP-2 with maybe 20% tread left on them after this autocross season. They are fine now but will need to be replaced soon.

Wheels are 18" JLB 286 in Titanium Silver:

Front 18x8 +45
Rear: 18x9 +50 with a 3 inch lip

Megan Racing Driveshaft Spacers, the wheels don't rub while turning and look great.

The car comes with height adjustable Bilstein PSS Coilover Suspension.

Brakes are original in good condition.

Exterior:

The car is in overall great shape with a few minor chips here and there you’d expect on a 16 year old daily driver. But the paint still shines brightly and looks everything as good as it does in the pictures.

I recently polished the headlights as they were starting to get that yellow film. I used a PC7424 and Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. They turned out great.

It comes with a front OEM lip and rear OEM spoiler and a replacement Robbins cloth convertible top with glass window, no tears, no leaks. Windows lightly tinted all around. I treat it with 303 Aerospace protectant at least every 6 months.

It also has Rick's NFR key hole covers. Emblems have been plastidipped black which can always be removed.

Most but not all lights in and out have been replaced with LED's.

Interior:

The black leather seats look great and have held up well. I always treat them with Meguiars leather cleaners and conditioners. There is a bit of slump in the driver’s side bolster but it’s inevitable with how you enter and egress in this car. The dash, steering wheel, arm rest, etc all look excellent.

I have taken much time and effort to install an amazing sound system in this car. The headunit is an Alpine CDA-9887 with the Imprint module to do automated sound processing, a JL Audio JX400 4-channel amp, bridged to 2 channels powering 6-inch Hybrid-Audio Imagine speakers in the doors. I ran all new power, speaker and signal wires front to back, all KnuKoncepts wiring, fuse and battery tap. I have sound deadened the internal and external portions of the doors to make them as air tight as possible. I have the amp hidden above the gas tank on a custom built board that keeps it secure and out of the way, yet easily pulled out for adjustment. This head unit has time alignment, internal crossovers and all sorts of goodies to make it sound perfect. It gets loud and stays clean to volumes you need to hear to believe.
When I purchased the car it also came with Alpine type-R roll bar speakers with S-Pod mounts, but I do not use them, but could easily be reconnected if you chose to do so.

This car also includes floor mats that go over the humps.

AC blows cold and heat works better than ever after I replaced the radiator. No electrical issues.

This car needs nothing and is ready for a new home. It has served me well and I will miss it dearly. Please PM me if you have any questions. My wife and I have found its replacement, an Acura ZDX that will be shipped here in about 2 weeks so I really would like to try and sell it before then.

I’m asking $12,500 which I think is fair for an S in this good of a shape especially mechanically, plus all of its upgrades.

Pic time! I took these today after I washed it during lunch.

Lots more pics from over the years here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ndtink...57673703959106

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by ndtinker; 10-25-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can vouch for this car (my old car) and this guy. Looks as clean as when I sold it to you
Old 09-25-2016, 05:56 PM

Price drop! Just bought a 2011 MDX (ZDX was too small ) so I have come down $1k. I'd probably go a bit lower but not by much. Make me an offer! It's not going to be driven much at all at this point now.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Nolan,

I am interested in your car, is it still up for sale?

I am a new user and don't have the ability to PM you.

Please reply.

Thank you,
Preean
Old 10-25-2016, 06:57 PM

I still have her, $12,500 OBO!

I got to drive it once last week..such a shame for it to sit in the garage with this great weather!
Old 10-26-2016, 08:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How many miles on the chassis? Is that the 130k? PM me your number and lets talk.