Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS:CA-SF Bay Area 2006 S2000 New Formula Red/Black Super Clean Driver $21,800 OBO

Old 09-27-2020, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS:CA-SF Bay Area 2006 S2000 New Formula Red/Black Super Clean Driver $21,800 OBO

First Name: Louis
Price: $21,800 OBRO (Or best reasonable offer)
Details about the Car:
I would like to say it was a pleasure to own a Honda S2000 and getting to know people on S2KI but I need to scratch another itch. Therefore my babied Honda S2000 needs a new home.

2006 Honda S2000 AP2
97,000 miles
8 of 10 VIN
November 2005 Production Date
Physician and auto enthusiast owned
New Formula Red (R-510) over Black (Type A)
Out of the 66,860 Honda S2000 manufactured for North America between model years 2000 to 2009 there are 5,659 2006 models of all colors.
Total production of New Formula Red S2000 stands at 9574 cars.
Of total 2006 production, 1,124 of them were New Formula Red/Black
If you are wondering about the most popular color, that would be Silverstone/Black at 13,261 units. Red is the second most popular with Berlina Black/Black coming in a close third with 9124 cars.

If you are reading this ad have probably been looking for an S2000 for a while and you have realized by now a lot of cars are in pretty crappy shape. You would think there would be plenty of nice classics in the Bay Area with all the tech money floating around, but any car enthusiast knows that is not true. Sure leased throw away BMW and MBZ and Porsche driven by people who think they know cars are everywhere.But how often do you actually come across a modern classic that is actually what the seller says it is at a fair price?

I do not think I am exaggerating when I say that this is one of the cleanest drivers out there at any mileage.

All the hard work has been done for you.

There are a lot of masochistic dudes on YouTube vying to buy the cheapest of any car out there and complaining about how much it is going to cost them to fix. This is not that car.

If you have been looking for an s2000 you probably know by now how many of these cars have been rode hard and put away wet. Ragged tops, perished leather, smashed driver seat side bolsters, faded paint,
bottomed out air dams, fake wheels, off brand body kits, clownish exhaust setups. Others have been modified by amateurs to an inch of their lives and tracked or crashed.

As you probably also know, the S2000 is appreciating rapidly.
Honda never made a successor to the S2000. In a world of 4500 pound "sports" cars with turbos and extra complexity, gimmicky gadgets, but no soul the s2000 has stood the test of time.Bubble cars have gone for over $75K and a nice '09 CR easily goes into the $50K+ range. Modern crash test and emissions rules will probably never allow another car like the S2000 to be made. It also doesn't help that the average auto exec is probably a brain dead knucklehead these days and has "SUV" or ugly "SUV that looks like a coupe but can't be a coupe because a coupe doesn't have four doors" tattooed on his frontal cortex.

Probably the best thing about having an S2000 is that you can flex without spending a crap ton of money...anyone who knows anything about cars will pay you respect. You can also save the manuals!

Three owner car, spent entire life in Arizona and California so there is no rust anywhere

8 of 10 VIN stickers...trunk and rear bumper were replaced due to being rear ended in 2012. I had the rear suspension checked and there is no damage. The rear fenders were not replaced so I think this was
just a lazy body shop that just swapped in a new bumper and trunk lid. The fenders were never rolled either.

Newer vinyl top with no rips or tears. Lovingly treated with Raggtop convertible top wash and protectant. I have also applied Forever Black so the top looks brand new. There are no leaks or water intrusion.

Seat bottom of driver seat has been replaced as well as seat upholstery with period correct perforated material.
Honda Access four piece floor mats and standard Honda s2000 mats over them.

Red numbered CR style OEM shift knob from UK Ultimate Edition/GT Edition 100 and red stitched shift leather shift boot from same...super rare here in states.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998 Bluetooth and HD Radio Receiver with remote and two USB inputs programmed in matching illumination. Original radio, chassis bracket, and code included. Modifry aftermarket
wiring for speed volume compensation and use of factory remote radio controls.

Two master keys...one brand new Honda S2000 branded key with programmed fob and one black master key with programmed fob

K&N cone filter in factory airbox
K&N cabin filter
Modifry storage compartment organizer
All interior button illumination works...many tiny bulbs replaced...try seeing if all the buttons light up in any other s2000!
New Interstate battery from June '20 always kept on trickle charger
Officially licensed Honda s2000 black chrome license plate frame
All interior bulbs and trunk illumination in 6000K cool white LED; LED license plate light
All tools in trunk
Spare tire present and inflated to 60 psi
Red Honda badges front and rear
Red Honda steering wheel badge
CR carbon fiber look OEM radio cover
Black OEM CR lug nuts and matching black OEM wheel locks with key

Unlike all the other S2000 out there I have done all the small stuff that can be overlooked but is important for the purists.

Just buy and drive off into the sunset! Every day is top down weather in Sunny California.
Consider this the ultimate S2000 Starter Pack.
I have all the books and manuals
No original Monroney window sticker
Slight rash on one of the factory wheels but not really noticeable
Top and windows work great and top lowers to proper height unassisted
Clutch works great and car shifts just like it should
AC blows ice cold and heater keeps you warm on night drives with the top down.
I have used gummi pflege to treat all seals to preserve them and prevent excessive wind noise.

Tien lowering springs 1" drop
No flaws in the paint or any dents. body super straight

Have all receipts

Front Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R Extreme Performance Summer front 215/45-17
91W XL, plenty of tread left

Rear Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R Extreme Performance Summer Rear 245/40R17
91W will need replacement sooner rather than later. They are virtually slicks from the factory.

Extras if you meet my price:
Raggtop cleaner and protectant spray
horsehair convertible top brush
forever black top dye with applicator sponge
"Powered by Honda" Chrome officially licensed license plate holder...try finding one of these!
New oil OEM oil filter
ShinEtsu grease for all rubber seals...unopened tube

The car is spotless and perfect...just the way it should be. You will not be disappointed. A lot of pictures in other ads look good but when you get to see the car in person, you immediately wonder why you
bothered. That is not going to be a problem here.

If you are not ok with the price. that is fine. please refrain from contacting me to complain.

Test drives only with proof of funds. if you cannot drive a manual transmission, please bring someone who can to test drive car. A great
car to learn stick on but I am not running a school.

Valves and timing chain tensioner fine. shifts great and clutch as well. Plenty of life left in brakes.

The only thing that does not function is the rear defroster. It had such a bad tint on it I had to sacrifice some defroster lines to get it back to stock!

i have title in hand. i do not need to sell but i would like to sell to move on to another vehicle. i have had a blast with this car. it runs like a top and unlike all the haters out there, it has plenty of
torque. the rips to 8000 rpm are exhilarating.

This is a great unmolested car that is NOT a candidate for a track car conversion and is not priced like it. You may want to add forced induction or do coil overs but that is not necessary for this car in
my opinion. Have a collector quality car without the collector car price and the guilt of putting miles on it.

You need to see this car! You will not be disappointed! Cash only, no trades please.

if you see a cheaper car out there with lower miles it probably only has 1 or 2 of the original VIN and or has a salvage title. Either that or it is an AP1 that is almost seven years older than this car. Time can do bad things to cars that are neglected. Please look at one of the pics with all the Honda parts bags on the hood. Believe me, you will have to replace all that stuff whether you think you will ornot. I am extremely picky with cars and I do not let things go. Other sellers will hide the fact this stuff is not functioning and will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth when you realize how much a burned out bulb, torn top, faded writing on the 12V charging port cap, shredded fuse box sticker, wrecked leather on the arm rest, floppy shift boot, worn out shift knob, etc can be a pain to track down and replace.

I can send you a copy of the Carfax. Thank you for taking a look. You will not be disappointed. No brokers please unless you want to be at private party value.

Looking forward to doing business with a fellow car lover. 2700 pounds of pure driving pleasure. If you have never driven an S2000 you will soon understand that it is like an already good car that has
been distilled down into the pure essence of a driver's car.

s2000 auction values from BaT. Notice the grouping around $20K and the rising values.

Last edited by fat_louis; 10-07-2020 at 05:11 AM. Reason: didn't do "format" right; add craigslist link for people with no PM privileges, add OBO to title
Old 09-29-2020, 09:23 AM

Great ad, if only all sellers were so detailed.

GLWS.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m very interested. I’m located in Oregon. How do I contact you. I’m not allowed to PM members yet?!
Old 09-29-2020, 02:42 PM

Hi thank you for your interest in my vehicle!
please go on craigslist and search for honda s2000 in sfbay area. You will have to select sfbay area since your IP will probably automatically land you on the oregon CL if you are not using a VPN.
As far as I know I have the only red one for sale on craigslist right now in the SF Bay area.
Regardless, the pics are the same and the description is the same.
Contact me through craigslist and we will correspond.
If this fails I will post my google voice number.
I have bought cars from out of area so I have an idea of how this will go.
take care
fat lou
Old 10-03-2020, 01:11 PM

Hello Everyone
New Price $21,800
Updates based on questions:
1. Fenders never rolled
2. Car drives straight as an arrow

Added auction history graph from BaT
Sold miscut s2000 key. No longer comes with car.
Extra leather shift boot and shift boot frame will come with car
Old 10-03-2020, 05:15 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Links to craigslist and other outside sites are not allowed per the rules. If people don’t have pm ability they can post an email for you to contact.