Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Supercharged Hardtop S2000 *Utah*

Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Supercharged Hardtop S2000 *Utah*

My wife is pregnant with our first baby boy and I think the time has come to let the S go.

Silverstone Metallic / Black 60k miles. Asking $18,500 obo

This project has been my pride and joy for the last 3 years, I bought the car in January of '05 from a car collector in California who bought it brand new and parked it with a car cover on it and only managed to put 8k miles on it before ordering a new C6 Vette and needed to sale the S to make room for it in his garage.

Since I've owned it has been meticulously maintained, never raced or tracked and always garaged and covered when stored for the winters. I've only modified the car with tasteful, quality parts, and all work has been done by a certified honda mechanic. I have all documentation of work including oil changes every 3k miles along with regularly scheduled maintenance and regular flushes of tranny and differential fluids. I've only used Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil, GM Synchromesh Friction Modified tranny fluid, and Honda Differential. I've cut no corners and spared no expense on this car.

The car is an 01' but the ever so common banjo bolt issue caused the original AP1 motor to go. So Honda dropped in a new 05' AP2 motor and transmission. Which in my opinion gives you the best of both worlds. The raw feel of the AP1 interior and 9k redline, along with the extra low end torque and power of the newer 2.2L motor. Pair that with the newest generation of Comptech's blower and 7lb pulley and this car not only looks the part but is a blast to drive.

The car was dynod in salt lake, and at this altitude was still able to achieve 318 hp 191 tq on 7lb with no aftercooler on a dynojet. We were able to maintain the factory ecu by opening up the comptech fpr. The air fuel is perfect across the powerband and there are no idle issues or cel's, my tuner is a genius because I've read about other members not being able to get a safe air/fuel with the factory ecu. The best part about this tune is that it is maintenance free, you dont need to be a forced induction junkie or mechanic to maintain the drivability of this car.

Email me with any other questions or if you want additional pictures, I have hundreds. The full parts list is in my signature.

deezgraphics@mac.com
Car is located in SLC, Utah
Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM

clean ride at an awesome price, this shouldn't last!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Damn good price!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An AP2 motor with a 9000 rpm redline? Nice car - the odometer looks like it reads 45,354 miles, does the car still look as good as pictured?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:05 AM

I'd so take this off your hands if you were in So Cal, unfortuneately, I probably can't afford the road trip. ERRRRR dammit. I'm in the market too!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by IwantanS,Oct 9 2008, 04:46 PM
An AP2 motor with a 9000 rpm redline? Nice car - the odometer looks like it reads 45,354 miles, does the car still look as good as pictured?
Car looks the same, only thing different is the numbers on the odometer and a bit less tread on the rear Bridgestones. Thanks for the compliments on the ride.

I thought hard about the price on the car and decided to price it where i did in an effort to avoid the hassle of being low balled and pro longing the sale. The truth is, I've debated parting the car out, I would definitely get more money if i did but Im not looking forward to the wrench time involved. I figured i put it up as is, at a fixed price that was fair and see what happens. If it doesnt sell in a given time for the price I feel is fair, Ill be forced to part it out and sale the car in stock form.

Low book on the car in stock form is 15,3 so $3200 for the parts list i have is ridiculously low, hell i could part just the blower, hardtop and wheels and get around 5 grand. Not to mention the strut bar, x brace, defi gauges, exhaust, sideskirts, and front lip. Even talking about all this makes me second guess myself.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 PM

love your car,

couple of questions

I'd love to see a dyno chart.
and is softtop still there?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im curious as well, how does an ap2 motor obtain a 9k redline?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 PM

If my 240 sells and you still have this I will get in touch with you. Looks like I'll be getting a deposit in a week or so. And I'm in Montana so its easy to come get it. I'll let you know.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Yes soft top is still in place, and in excellent shape.

Quick Reply: FS: Supercharged Hardtop S2000 *Utah*