Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS or TRADE for s2k: 1997 NSX-T. Check it out!

Old 11-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by COMPDNSX,Nov 9 2007, 07:50 PM
Don't do it Man! You gonna miss the NSX more than the S!!!! TRUST ME!!!
You know, I think I will, but I loved my old s2000 and I could use the money else where right now. Thanks!

J. R.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man this is so tempting but when i asked the wife she gave me this....mean.... look...

ps she is still doing it
Old 11-11-2007, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COMPDNSX,Nov 9 2007, 07:50 PM
Don't do it Man! You gonna miss the NSX more than the S!!!! TRUST ME!!!
I've ridden and driven an NSX-T (1997 also) and compared to my 450whp S2K, it's nothing. I'm not saying your NSX is bad, they are great cars, but in comparison to a turbo'd S2K, it doesn't hold a candle. Yes, I like the tad bit of extra room in the NSX and I feel more comfortable with it's larger wheelbase, but it's so slow compared to my s2k in the corners and straights.

Good luck with the sell, N/A S2K guys or comptech S2K seller, you should jump on this.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by AirborneS2K,Nov 11 2007, 09:07 AM
I've ridden and driven an NSX-T (1997 also) and compared to my 450whp S2K, it's nothing. I'm not saying your NSX is bad, they are great cars, but in comparison to a turbo'd S2K, it doesn't hold a candle. Yes, I like the tad bit of extra room in the NSX and I feel more comfortable with it's larger wheelbase, but it's so slow compared to my s2k in the corners and straights.

Good luck with the sell, N/A S2K guys or comptech S2K seller, you should jump on this.
Well sure comparing a turbo S2000 to my N/A NSX is un-fair but I see where you are going with this.

I'll give you my oppinion.

1. Yes all the space is very nice.
2. S2000 better handling......maybe airborne? I would toss that win the the NSX but I respect your oppinion
3. My NSX against my old turbo s2k. The s2k takes it HARD. But then again. If I turbo'd the NSX....I could kill a turbo S2000. The two cars weight almost identical, yet 550 hp out of a NSX on pump gas can be easy to come by after changing out the pistons. The balance of a NSX is amazing and the power that can be had out of the v6 can STOMP the F20C but then again who cares.

So all in all. Both are great cars. To say one is better then the other....Well foowee. Its just a matter of taste. They are both fun and amazing.

Like I said I would just like to free some money up to do something diffrent with it, but I am in no hurry to sell the NSX. I will probably have it for a while, but if someone wanted a great car and wanted to trade a S2k for it. I would love to work out a deal!!

J. R.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:19 AM

JR, the NSX weighs over 350lbs more than the S2000...but that can be fixed.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=flexer,Nov 11 2007, 10:57 AM] Well sure comparing a turbo S2000 to my N/A NSX is un-fair but I see where you are going with this.

I'll give you my oppinion.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:41 PM

nice car.

If I had an extra 10k laying around I'd trade ya
Old 11-11-2007, 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=AirborneS2K,Nov 11 2007, 02:26 PM] Woah there bud. No one said one was better than the other, I just quoted someone saying that you'd miss the NSX MORE than the S and I made my comment about a turbo'd S taking the cake over an NSX like yours b/c if you bought a turbo'd S (which you very well could) and had some cash on the side, you wouldn't or shouldn't miss the NSX. That's also why I said I'd ridden and driven a 97 NSX-T like yours.

Like I said, any N/A or SC'd guys wanting to sell their S2K's for an 'upgrade' should go with this car.

BTW: Turboing a 37k dollar car and pitting it against a turbo'd 22k dollar car doesn't exactly put us on an equal plain. After you spend the $$ on your car to turbo it and drop in aftermarket pistons, I'll still have another 25k to turbo my car, and do w/e else I want to it to make it handle better and run faster.

GL with the sell!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 AM

i would never sell my nsx for a s2k! thats if i had an nsx
Old 11-12-2007, 11:35 PM

Coming from owning an NSX.. this sounds strange, but to each his own I had an S2k, and looking to get one back. Although I miss the S, I think I'd miss the X more.

<begin rant>
To the person that "22K versus 40K turbo comparison" I hate these arguments. It's an argument of jealousy and lack of understanding. If your statement is true, eg "someone that pays more for power/handling than another person is a fool" then you would be a complete fool if/when I - as some do - take a 85 mustang, and for < $1000, or less, put a few k in it and have a 500RWHP vehicle, and have 10K+ (maybe 15)+ cash over your turbo S2k. I would still have money left for a sports bike that would run lap around 99% of all vehicles out there, and money for a vacation so I can text you saying "haha, I'm faster"...

My point is, don't knock people for buying, enjoying and spending money on their car by making ad homenin, or person attacks. This is true if you have a 81 Taurus, to a S2k, NSX, Ferrari. I'm just ranting, but to me it's silly and immature when we make fun of other enthusiasts because of the car of their choice. This happens on all the forums and should stop, one by one. It took me a while to realize it, and it allowed me to feel more confident, appreciate and value the differnece, strength and weaknesses of all platforums. We shoudl feel blessed for being in a country/circumstances where we can choose "toys" as adults and enjoy them, whereas much of the world is hoping to find enough water and food to feed their families...
</end rant>

Flexer, I'm slownsxt on Prime. Good luck, I hope you don't regret it!!

Quick Reply: FS or TRADE for s2k: 1997 NSX-T. Check it out!