Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

MD/PA: 2003 Silverstone

Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MD/PA: 2003 Silverstone

Name: Ibrahim
Location: Northern Baltimore County, MD/Southern York County, PA
Year & Model: 2003
Means of Contact: PM Here. Phone # will be provided to serious buyers.
Mileage: 94,5xx
Price: $14,500 OBO

Sad day but we only live once so I think it is time to put the s2000 up for sale and let someone else enjoy it. I really love this car as it is the car I have owned the longest my entire life, 10 years now. However the last 4-5 years I have been driving it less and less. Now to the point I put less than 2-300 miles a year on her.

This car started off as my daily driver like many others here late in my teens and throughout my early 20’s until the collection of cars started to grow. Then of course it got garaged under a cover and started to sit until now. It is however in excellent condition but as any 10 year car does, it has a few chips and nicks on the paintwork, although nothing that would detract from its overall value.

The car is a 2003 model in Silverstone Metallic with Black Leather Interior. I am the second owner of this vehicle. I purchased it in 2004 with approximately 25,000 miles on the odometer. As of today it is sporting about 94,500 miles which is about 69,500 under my tenure as owner which works out to about 7000 miles +/- under my ownership a year, a majority of which were put on in the first 5-6 years as it has sat the last few years, seldom used as previously stated.

The car is completely unmodified from a performance standpoint and was purchased that way and has remained that way during my ownership. It does however have an aftermarket Clifford two way paging alarm installed. It also has an ipod/iphone hookup installed into the factory radio (plug and play) to bring it up to date with today’s standards.

As far as how I would rate the car in the following categories please see below.

Interior: 9/10
Not a single major imperfection anywhere, no excessive wear on the seats/bolsters. I am a pretty light guy 5’9/10, 130/140lbs so they don’t get a lot of action in the wear department. The carpets do have their fair amount of wear spots from feet and such but nothing excessive. I really think that is honestly the only thing that makes the rating drop.

Exterior: 8/10
Paint is flawless in most spots. There are the expected markings in the front of the car from driving it, mainly rock chips and such, nothing major. There are two small dents, both about the size of a dime/nickel which are easily removed through paint-less dent repair. I have already had them looked at, just have not had them taken care of yet. I will be more than happy to do so once I have a solid buyer and price worked out if it is agreeable as part of the transaction. The car was involved in a minor altercation in a parking lot when someone hit it backing in or pulling out of their spot. The car was parked and I was not in attendance. I unfortunately found it when I returned. Never the less I have had the car repaired professionally and I have all supporting documents (body shop receipts, police report, etc) and pictures. The damage was light as it was just scratches and a fender was pushed in by the wheel but I believe in full disclosure. The car has been repaired to factory spec and has not had an issue since (this event was over 7-8 years ago when I was still in school as it occurred on my campus lot). The car was also just washed, clayed, leveled, waxed, and sealed.

Mechanical: 9.5/10
As far as maintenance is concerned I have spared no expense in making sure this car is taken care of. It has been changed religiously with synthetic oil every 3000 miles +/- with only Honda filters or every new driving season if the mileage was less. Over the last few years of sitting I have taken care of the following with very little mileage put on the car since these changed were made.

- Brand new convertible top, frame, and motors dropped in from a 2008 which was being converted into a track car from purchase. There is not a single sign of wear on this top as it only has a few thousand miles on it since being installed.
- Brand new clutch & flywheel, TOB, and pilot bearing, with all new hardware (flywheel bolts, etc) OEM from Honda directly (all parts ordered from Majestic Honda). Only logged about 3,000 miles on this newly installed clutch/flywheel since install.
- Brand new tires installed just this weekend on the rears (Bridgestone RE760 Sports).
- Fronts are RE760’s as well, installed about a year or two ago with minimal usage. I would estimate easily >75% wear left.
- Replaced the TCT at approximately 75k miles. No problems since.
- Performed a full valve adjustment and spark plug change at 75k miles as well.
- Hard Top Strikers installed when the clutch was installed (approximately 91k) (un-related but did it while I was in the mood)

Overall the car is in excellent mechanical condition. It accelerates smoothly throughout the power-band. It decelerates wonderfully, no odd noises, smells, etc. AC blows nice and cold. All filters have been changed including the air box and cabin filter. I have done my best to keep it in top shape.

Extras:
I will provide to the new buyer the following:
- OEM convertible top cover. I have 2, I cannot locate the second as it is in storage somewhere. If I find it before the sale I will of course include it. Until that time, assume you are getting one (the one I have in hand currently.
- OEM car cover embroidered with the s2000 logo, bag included. Used to store the car the last few years.
- Tube of Shin-Etsu grease used to properly lubricate the silicon in the convertible top.
- 2 rear new axle nuts. I purchased these to do the Axle nut replacement but I have not gotten around to it.

In conclusion:

Any questions please feel more than welcome to let me know. I am in no rush to sell this car. I am not under any financial strain or distress so any tire kickers please steer clear. I would rather this car go to someone who would appreciate it so that is why I am going to give s2ki first grabs at it if someone wants it. I just feel that it is time to move on to something else and I have other aspirations in the vehicle department. Turning 30 does a lot to you, lol.

I own this car outright, there is no lean on the vehicle. I have the title in hand and I will sign over to the buyer immediately with a cash buy, or when any 3rd party check clears.

I have all keys, remotes, and records for the vehicle including original window sticker and all delivery/pre-inspection material. Wheel lock key included with radio codes.

Bottom Line:

Given KBB value, the amount of maintenance just performed on this vehicle, extras, and the given market I am asking $14,500. If you have an opinion about this price please feel free to PM me and we will discuss it but I certainly will not entertain the conversation in a public manner in the thread as I would like to keep it clean, organized, and civilized.

Thanks s2ki!

Pictures: More to come, my apologies but once I got where I was going I realized my SLR batteries were dead so I had to resort to my iPhone.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Please add the following to the top of your post:

Name: First name is sufficient
Year & Model:
Means of Contact:
Description: (ie trim level, if applicable)
Mileage:
Price plus OBO is acceptable but no listings without an asking price.

It's a required format that we expect to see on every for sale thread. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:30 AM

Done, Post Edited & Bump!
Old 08-16-2014, 02:00 PM

Weekend bump!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:33 PM

Sunday Bump!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:13 PM

BUMP! SILVERSTONE MATCHING HARDTOP AVAILABLE TO GO WITH THE CAR. $16,000 FOR IT ALL. WILL NOT SEPARATE IT OUT UNLESS THE CAR SELLS FIRST WITHOUT IT. PLEASE DON'T ASK.

New Pictures to come tonight when I get home.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodluck man! Looks good. People are haggling me for a super mint 02' with 85K miles. OEM Everything. I'm asking $14K obo
Old 10-07-2014, 03:28 PM

Car is SOLD!