Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

MN Twin Cities: 2007 GPW on Red/Black 25k Miles For $25k

Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN Twin Cities: 2007 GPW on Red/Black 25k Miles For $25k

Car was just sold today for $24.5k, not sure if he is an s2ki member though. Mods, feel free to lock this thread.

First things first...
Name:Saeng Khots
Means of Contacthohr1@gmail.com or by phone (pm me for the number)
Description:2007 GPW on Red/Black Interior with 26xxx miles (goes up daily as I'm driving it daily to work)
Tires have 3k miles on them
Mostly stock except for GT Motoring Challenge coilovers lowered 1"
Had a test pipe on it, but did not like the smell nor the tinny/raspy sound
Detailed and applied Cquartz to the whole car as soon as I got it to keep it from getting brake dust/fallout stains (those nasty orange rust spots)
Top has been cared for with 303 cleaner and protectant
Clean title, clean car (except for a few issues listed at the end)
Asking Price: $25k, $24k with stock suspension

The story:
Bought it with 23k miles last year from the original owner, so I'm the second owner. Yes, last year. I bought it while I was working as a field engineer, traveling for months at a time, 80% on the road. In fact, I went to see the car while I was on a business trip, and had to have it shipped to me because I couldn't find time to go pick it up.
I got sick of the traveling so I switched jobs this year to a local position with no traveling.
I searched months for a clean S that I could travel and come back during the warm months to drive it top down and enjoy until I leave again. Now, my hands are sitting idle and they want to work on the S and run the car through its paces. I do NOT want to do it to this car. I still want to keep it as stock as possible.

With that said, I'm selling it so I can get a project S and have some extra cash to go towards my fiancee's dowry. I plan on finding a salvaged AP2 if possible and boosting but we'll see what comes about.

The issues that it has:
3mm tear in the passenger rear corner on the top, brought it to dealership for repair but it was out of warranty so they called Honda for a goodwill repair and didn't get back to me until after the car was in storage. They said to call them back when it's out of storage. Waiting for some rainy weather to be without my S to do it. In the meantime, I have silicone sealant dabbed on the inside of the tear to prevent any leaking or further tearing. Has held up perfectly fine since I applied it.

My driveway is a cutout style curb so I scraped it quite a few times going down, even at an angle. Got a Bridjit this year so no more scrapes, but the damage has already been done. Scrapes are on the bottom of the bumper so it's not a HUGE issue to me since people don't look under the bumper.

I counted 5 rock chips on the front bumper, Dr. Colorchip'd them, barely noticeable unless you know where they are and are staring at it.

Edit: 26092 as of picture taken today (4/12)
More things I remembered:
Driver side floormat is worn down where my heels are
I use Amsoil in my cars
I just put in a kenwood deck a month ago because I got sick of burning cds like it was the 90's, I will take it with me to the next car though and replace it with the stock stereo.
Tonneau cover comes with the car, pristine condition, I've never used it, just sprayed 303 on it to shine it up

Captain's log, stardate 4-16-2012:
Stock suspension comes with the car

I'll probably remember more later on, I think of things then try to note them in my head but forget it when it's time to recall the info...

That's it! Feel free to email or pm or call(again, pm me for my number).
I'm at work without any good pictures but I'm posting this before I change my mind for the umteenth time. Pictures are below, let me know if you need any other angles or views or whatever.

Before you look at the pics...I gotta warn you, by the time I got home it was dark so I did a wash in the dark and snapped the photos in my poorly lit garage. Otherwise, enjoy. I couldn't find a penny anywhere! So I used a nickel to gauge the tire tread...oh well. The repair on the tear looks ugly but I just dabbed it with my fingertip and let it dry. Not noticeable from the outside at all, and barely noticeable from the inside unless your passenger likes to stare at the back of the soft top...
Click for higher res pics.

Photos of the defects, front end is a little dirty from rainfall:

Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Very interested. Would you be willing to send more pictures to Sic13sk8er@aol.com

Interior pictures please too.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 PM

A CR is only like 2k away... just my 2cents
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM

Clean looking S, I would pick this up if my pocket wasn't filled with lint. GLWS Harold
Old 04-14-2012, 02:59 AM

Is this a CR ?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:30 AM

No it's not, Broken. Thanks for the free bumps folks.

Bump for Sat morning!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 PM

small edit bump
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 PM

Sold