Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

OH 2007 Berlina Black 10k miles, stock

Old 01-11-2019, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OH 2007 Berlina Black 10k miles, stock

First Name: Jen
Price: $24,000 firm
Details about the Car:
2007, 10,300 miles, black/black, all stock with the exception of the Modrify cubby organizer. I also bought the Modrify soft top strap replacements, but haven't installed them. Comes with OEM cover, soft top cover, all keys, and maintenance records from the first owner. I'm the 3rd owner, and the owner before me didn't do anything with the car beyond drive it occasionally in the summer, thus the low miles. (The CarFax shows 4 owners, but the 2nd is the dealership/car lot that had the car before the guy before me bought it.) Yes, it's in Ohio but zero rust or spotting or any evidence that it's ever seen salt. It's currently tucked away in winter storage in Streetsboro.

THE BAD: Vehicle history shows an accident with airbag deployment in 2010, thus no VIN tags on front bumper, hood, or front fenders. The tires are original.

THE GOOD: I was able to track down the accident report, and found the S2K ran into a motorcycle at a 4-way stop. Not a high-speed loss, but the airbag popped and the front body panels were replaced because the motorcycle rider, being light, fell over the bumper and partially onto the hood. I had a full inspection done before I bought it, and if I hadn't told them about the accident, they would not have identified it. The repairs were all done with OEM parts immediately after the loss, and there was no damage to the engine or any components under the body panels. No frame impact, nothing. 100% cosmetic. The airbag was checked and it's fully functional with no evidence of replacement or repair. So from what we can tell, the repairs were done professionally with OEM parts and done so well it's indistinguishable from a non-accident vehicle. Except the VIN tags, of course. Everything else on the car is exactly as you'd expect for one with 10,000 miles and garage-kept. Looks and feels and drives brand new...and still has the new car smell. No evidence of wear and tear anywhere on the vehicle (except the tires...they're old).

OTHER NOTES: I'm selling it because I thought the S2K was what I wanted. I've been driving and tracking a Miata for a while now, and this was going to be my "forever" upgrade. This one was exactly what I wanted - basically a brand new S2000 for the price of one with a lot more road time. However, and may the Fast and Furious gods strike me where I sit, I prefer my Miata. The S2K is just too much car for me. I'm not a dealer or curbstoner, I promise. I just had the unfortunate experience of meeting my hero.

Maintenance done: None beyond a custom alignment and new spark plugs. Nothing was wrong, those are standard items in my "new car" routine. I bought the trans and diff fluid to swap out as well, but by the time they arrived, I'd realized I didn't want to keep the car, and will hand them over to the new owner.

My asking price is firm as that's what I paid plus the taxes and initial maintenance I had done. I'm not trying to flip this car (well, I have it on CL for 26k to weed out the F&F kiddies, etc.)

I can't find the police report that I had originally located - I found it when I was in the process of negotiating with the last seller and discarded it as soon as we'd agreed on a price...never thinking I'd need it again.

CarFax and AutoCheck are attached, as well as the pictures I currently have. I just realized that I never took any with the top down, forgive me, but I promise it's exactly as you would expect. (Edit - I couldn't get the CarFax attached, I'll try to attach it in a subsequent comment).

This is, without a doubt, the perfect car for the person who wants it for life, and wants to drive it how it deserves to be driven....and isn't looking to store it for 10 years and re-sell because of the missing VIN tags. I'll happily take it to your shop of choice for an inspection as well.

Edited to adjust price based on storage costs for 2018-2019, insurance, and more recent market research (bringing in line with current values), and depreciation calculation based on accident history. Not to say it will keep going up and up and up (I know that's ridiculous), but I realized the original "firm" price didn't include the storage & insurance I've paid for the year. Again, just want to break even and not trying to make any money.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2007 S2000 AutoCheck.pdf (937.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf
2007 S2000 Carfax.pdf (2.60 MB, 70 views)

Last edited by jmark10; 01-22-2019 at 05:52 AM. Reason: See "edited" note in original post at bottom