Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

VA - 2005 Sebring Silver S2000 STR Car F/S

Old 10-15-2018, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see you changed the exhaust and headers. Does it still have a CAT? I'm worried about passing inspection in NC.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by teamking
Interesting. Anyone else have opinions on this?

I guess the real question is: how do I maximize my return on this car? Do I remove the racing parts? Do I fix the three cosmetic blemishes (which would cost $1500 total)? My thinking had been do both or do neither.
I recently bought an S2K, otherwise this is one I'd be very interested in if it were closer to me.

I think you can do best if you take most of the parts off and sell them separately and get it fixed, however this may not be worth your time, depending on what your time is worth... If you do get the painted areas fixed, tape over the VIN tags so you'll have them when you're done. I wouldn't let the adhesive touch the actual tag, maybe put a piece of paper down then tape over a larger area. You could also try Dr. Colorchip, it's surprisingly good for the cost.

I advise against BAT. The BAT crowd looks for all original body panels, no damage, low miles, very tasteful mods, and cars that haven't seen track time. Someone WILL find this thread and post it in the comments section, then I'm guessing bidding will top out about $15-17k as is right now. Also, bidders have to pay a 5% fee to BAT and shipping, which reduces what you get. There's a lot of fear mongering in the comment section on BAT. I'd take a stock car there in completely perfect condition with a pre purchase inspection and about 50 photos, but I wouldn't ever post a modified car there if I wanted to maximize my sale price.

If you do decided to post to BAT, protect yourself with the reserve, don't get talked into a low reserve or no reserve.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmah
I see you changed the exhaust and headers. Does it still have a CAT? I'm worried about passing inspection in NC.
Yes, it has a high flow cat from Berk. I would expect it to pass inspection in NC, although I don't know for sure (can others comment?). But, I have the original cat, and that's easy to swap in if needed for inspection. All the OEM parts come with car (with the exception of an OEM muffler and front upper ball joints-- both of which are easily sourced).

Last edited by teamking; 10-16-2018 at 05:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Timmah (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply, I sent you a PM.