The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Ask UnkieTrunkie V

Old 01-12-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Why won't my dinosaur iphone not let me upload an AV ?
Old 01-12-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecmom
I remember years ago, I was asked, in a job interview, "Windows or Mac?" My answer was wrong.

You want to know the right answer, or at least, the right answer for the interview?

Do you use a mop to hammer in a nail? Do you use a hammer to go to the store? Do you consider using a haddock for injecting SQL errors to test a website? There are people that insist that you must use all the modern tools. That's bullshit. You use the tool that is correct for the job. I've not found any issues per se with technology. Technology is like drunk uncle at a party; it means well. The things that are the most miserable truly are the ones where you have a figurative nail and a figurative hammer, and one or the other fails. Nothing in high technology is EVER that simple. . . at least not in 2015.

It's not the iPhone. It's the approach to the problem, and having the wrong tools. G-Mom, you brought a shovel to a cheesecake competition. Find a spingform, and reassess the problem.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Originally Posted by vtecmom' timestamp='1421080723' post='23464956
I remember years ago, I was asked, in a job interview, "Windows or Mac?" My answer was wrong.

You want to know the right answer, or at least, the right answer for the interview?

Do you use a mop to hammer in a nail? Do you use a hammer to go to the store? Do you consider using a haddock for injecting SQL errors to test a website? There are people that insist that you must use all the modern tools. That's bullshit. You use the tool that is correct for the job. I've not found any issues per se with technology. Technology is like drunk uncle at a party; it means well. The things that are the most miserable truly are the ones where you have a figurative nail and a figurative hammer, and one or the other fails. Nothing in high technology is EVER that simple. . . at least not in 2015.

It's not the iPhone. It's the approach to the problem, and having the wrong tools. G-Mom, you brought a shovel to a cheesecake competition. Find a spingform, and reassess the problem.

Think I'll just be happy 2 be home & able to post from the :cough: iputer and yeah change my AV easily - the ESO

butt tanks UT
Old 01-12-2015, 08:13 PM

How many AV options am I holding up?
Old 01-30-2015, 04:25 AM

Received 1,108 Likes on 988 Posts

Old 01-30-2015, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by vtecmom
3 minus the number of handbags I'm holding up.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by vtecmom' timestamp='1421125983' post='23465942
3 minus the number of handbags I'm holding up.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Trunkie, needs some snow bro?
Old 02-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy
Oh dear. . . oh dear. . .

First off, welcome back. Nice to see you here. I need to show you the lovely photographs in my life, and the lovely photographer that made half of them (and who helped me make the other half way better). That said. . .

Oh dear. . . I have zero aptitude for snow. When I say "zero," I actually now mean, "some." I was visiting the girlfriend's home-diggs in Northern Wisconsin for a few days this January, and realized I can survive it. Doesn't mean I like it, but I can survive it. The thing I'm still most scared of though, is slipping on ice (broke my coccyx twice on a trip to Norway. No fun). However, I've come to know a few things about frozen water and it's cousins.

First, stop your whining: there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. Okay, it's actually an old saw from a Swedish guy I know, but it's true. Just suck up and deal, and if you follow a reasonable protocol of layering, you're fine. Don't be a jackwagon about it, and stop your bitching. Just do it.

Second, change your concept of time. You need time to suit up. You need time to make sure you get the car(s) in the garage, and if need be, the blocks/oil pans plugged in. You need to change your walking habits. You need to reassess when and how often you go outside. I remember it was an absolutely gorgeous day outside, perfect for a nice walk. . . except it was 19, and even the locals were hunkering down a bit. . . or heading to their (ice-)fishing shelters. Even then, I was in Northern Wisconsin: time is different there anyway, even in Spring.

Lastly, respect and abide with the weather. It's cold, and it doesn't care about your attitude. Deal with it.

. . . oh, were you talking about something else? Oh dear. . . oh dear.

I blew my leg out as a lad. Skiing and Snowboarding have ZERO appeal to me. Two minutes in on skis, and I'll be in the medical sled. Ain't got time for that.

. . . oh? No? Talking about something else? Whatever for?

I ain't got time for Bolivian Marching Powder. Monster Zero is enough stimulant for me. Nobody needs to see me act like that much of an asshole. Worse than that, the time I tried it, I just went to instant A-hole, was aware I went instant A-hole, and didn't like the fact I was an instant A-hole. It was utterly miserable, and all I got out of it was post nasal drip and my chilequiles tasted like dogshit. On top of that, it's all the rage with a lot of people I usually don't like.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy' timestamp='1423181513' post='23495276
Oh dear. . . oh dear. . .

First off, welcome back. Nice to see you here. I need to show you the lovely photographs in my life, and the lovely photographer that made half of them (and who helped me make the other half way better).
Im all inzzz for pitchars!

Quick Reply: Ask UnkieTrunkie V