The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

I played Sleigh Ride 15 years in a row. . .

Old 11-23-2018, 08:17 AM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Default I played Sleigh Ride 15 years in a row. . .

I can safely say I f@#king hate Christmas with the white hot hatred of a thousand stars. You see, I hate Christmas music.

I hate "Sleigh Ride." As most of you know, I don't have a lot of bloodlust or hatred, but if Leroy Anderson (the asshole who composed that monster turd of a song) were still alive, I would shoot him in the kneecap, then take a scalpel and ritually disembowel him while the blood from the kneecap wound was still gushing out. As I clutch his internal organs in my hand cackling wildly, I'd then light them on fire using the sheet music of "Sleigh Ride" as kindling. You may ask, "Sheesh? Why do you hate that song?" Trust me, unless you're a musician, particularly a Hornist, you won't understand.

The Carol of The Bells, if played under any other auspice, would be mistaken for a Horror theme. Seriously, imagine you're walking on the beach in July, and you started humming that out of the blue. . . think about it. . . it's f'n creepy.

If you're an adult singing "Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer," and you're not helping kids sing it, chances are you get psychotic if you can't get all of your gifts. You should probably be euthanized.

"What Child is This?" should be banned. The song is f_cking called "Greensleeves." The song is not a religious missive, it's the Renaissance predecessor to Merle Haggard.

"Silent Night," "O Holy Night," "Away In A Manger," and "Angels We Have Heard On High" are all perfectly fine songs. . . now, can you sing them well? If you're thinking of singing "O Holy Night," just stop. Unless somebody is offering you cash to sing it, chances are you can't sing it.

Do you have a CD player or an mp3 player? Great. Go to your preferred Music vendor and procure "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by Vince Guaraldi. Neat-o, isn't it? Now, stop asking me to play, "that song from Charlie Brown. . . no, not that one. . . you know the one. . . "

"We Wish You a Merry Christmas" is, once again, a fine song, but let us not sing the first verse seventeen times. What? You don't like the words of the other verses? You're worried about confusing people with arcane references to figgy pudding? Then, either fix some damn figgy pudding or get rid of the song.

If you have any inclination to add 'Urban Yodeling' to any Christmas song, you should be beaten badly, and be forced to replace your Mariah Carey CDs with Jim Nabors albums.

I'm not playing "Jingle Bell Rock" for you. Some douche just asked for that 45 minutes ago. . . I don't care if it's your favorite song, I'm only playing it 7 times a day. . . that's the rule.

And lastly, don't ever tell me you don't like the songs I'm playing. . . it's Christmas time, and you hired me to play Christmas music.

Santa don't like getting whiz on his lap, and I hate your taste in Music. Suck up and deal.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Yeah its officially Christmas time

headz 2 Vids :accordingly:
Old 11-23-2018, 09:11 AM

Received 1,182 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecmom
Yeah its officially Christmas time

headz 2 Vids :accordingly:
Old 11-26-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecmom