S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   The Corner (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/corner-86/)
-   -   My ankle is 100%, just a little stiff. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/corner-86/my-ankle-100%25-just-little-stiff-1203370/)

The Raptor 08-06-2020 12:50 PM

My ankle is 100%, just a little stiff.

However, 5 1/2 months after the surgery, my balance has gone south. Hence my fall, breaking my finger. I'm now doing PT for balance and leg strength. I'll be fine soon.

shareall 08-06-2020 01:43 PM

I'm doing exercises for balance too. This week she really ramped up the difficulty but it's helping. Hope it helps you too. :fingerscrossed:

The Raptor 08-06-2020 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by shareall (Post 24758838)
I'm doing exercises for balance too. This week she really ramped up the difficulty but it's helping. Hope it helps you too. :fingerscrossed:

It does. Good luck to you.:dance2:

UnkieTrunkie 08-06-2020 09:49 PM

I need to do more core and balance work. . . and I’m supposedly healthy. :argh:

The Raptor 08-08-2020 03:14 PM

I also need to relearn how to walk, one foot in font of the other, not like a duck. I'm doing exercises with my walker forcing myself to walk in a straight line with longer strides. Jeez, I had no ides so much was involved in rehab. Monday, I do my third of 10 new PT sessions.. I really like my new physical therapist.

UnkieTrunkie 08-08-2020 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Raptor (Post 24759466)
I also need to relearn how to walk, one foot in font of the other, not like a duck. I'm doing exercises with my walker forcing myself to walk in a straight line with longer strides. Jeez, I had no ides so much was involved in rehab. Monday, I do my third of 10 new PT sessions.. I really like my new physical therapist.

I’m glad you’re having a good rapport with your physical therapist. Good to hear you’re gunning out through the PT. :thumbup:

s2ko 08-09-2020 08:01 AM

I'm glad that you like your new therapist. That will motivate you to keep working. My mom has had a few therapists and she is much more motivated if she likes the person that she is working with.

zdave87 08-09-2020 08:25 AM

George-- I had to learn how to walk again -I used a walker for months, and I still have to ask people if I walk 'right'. It takes some time, but you can do it. the more you walk, the better it helps. i walk on average 6-7 miles a day my job, and it totally helps.

The Raptor 08-10-2020 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87 (Post 24759672)
George-- I had to learn how to walk again -I used a walker for months, and I still have to ask people if I walk 'right'. It takes some time, but you can do it. the more you walk, the better it helps. i walk on average 6-7 miles a day my job, and it totally helps.

Thanks, Dave.

The Raptor 08-10-2020 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by vtecmom (Post 24759659)
EXACTLY what I was talking about RB :rolleyes:
You've been in contact with SO MANY possible A symptomatic people I am not willing to have company here at my home that fall into that category right now :o
I look forward to seeing both you & my girl next year when hOPEfuly the world has returned :fingerscrossed: sorry you don't get that butt thats how we feel :o

I DID allow my 2 :monkey: 's to come yesterday for the 1st time and even THEY were nervous :nails: about being around us but I HAD to make an exception being a mom your family comes 1st :heart: they kept distance and cleaned surfaces etc.... hopefully the :swim: chlorine kept them washed off :o

"Raptor doesn't get it." Thanks for making that public.