Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Free Track Time w/ NASA NE @ NJMP Thunder June 8-10

Old 05-08-2018, 05:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Free Track Time w/ NASA NE @ NJMP Thunder June 8-10

https://nasaproracing.com/events/2808

You can earn free track time by volunteering for NASA NE. Working the grid, working the scales, helping with tech inspections, etc ....... Use the drop down for "Officials", maybe you'd like to be a trophy girl?
NJMP ThunderBolt- June 8-10 "JUNE JAM" HPDE/ Sprint Races/ TT

FRI: Test/Tune , Advanced HPDE 3/4 and 2nd Competition School.
SAT/SUN: All HPDE groups and Instructors, TT and Sprint racers. Competition School is open for registration at $695, which includes registration for Saturday and Sunday races. Drivers MUST be advanced HPDE and cars MUST be fully race prepared according to current CCR. School includes classroom. on track exercises and practice race. Questions can be directed to bcasella@nasane.comHPDE: If you are new to HPDE please register for HPDE1, you will be automatically assigned an Instructor. If you have solo experience, you can register for HPDE2 or HPDE3 depending on experience and number of days completed. If you are an advanced driver HPDE4 and new to NASA, please include track history in your profile including other organizations, number of days and tracks visited.For this event: GARAGE Rental $125. for 3 days . This is an option below which you can purchase. There are no garage rentals from the track for this event. By NASA buying the garage/electric package we are saving you money from the normal NJMP fees ".Day garage" is in the big building and "Garage" is under the suites. There will not be a charge for any electric hook ups.

Free camping for this event. Detailed info will be mailed 7-10 days before event. Schedules will be posted on NASA NE website as soon as they are finalized, usually 5-7 days before the event.

Last edited by freq; 05-13-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Signed up for trophy girl duties, where do I collect my bikini?
Old 05-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Tdoolin18
Signed up for trophy girl duties, where do I collect my bikini?
Just be sure to shave and wear those tighty whities you have.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would def volunteer! And wear something sexy.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Community Organizer

NJMP ThunderBolt- June 8-10 "JUNE JAM" HPDE/ Sprint Races/ TT

FRI: Test/Tune , Advanced HPDE 3/4 and 2nd Competition School.
SAT/SUN: All HPDE groups and Instructors, TT and Sprint racers. Competition School is open for registration at $695, which includes registration for Saturday and Sunday races. Drivers MUST be advanced HPDE and cars MUST be fully race prepared according to current CCR. School includes classroom. on track exercises and practice race. Questions can be directed to bcasella@nasane.comHPDE: If you are new to HPDE please register for HPDE1, you will be automatically assigned an Instructor. If you have solo experience, you can register for HPDE2 or HPDE3 depending on experience and number of days completed. If you are an advanced driver HPDE4 and new to NASA, please include track history in your profile including other organizations, number of days and tracks visited.For this event: GARAGE Rental $125. for 3 days . This is an option below which you can purchase. There are no garage rentals from the track for this event. By NASA buying the garage/electric package we are saving you money from the normal NJMP fees ".Day garage" is in the big building and "Garage" is under the suites. There will not be a charge for any electric hook ups.

Free camping for this event. Detailed info will be mailed 7-10 days before event. Schedules will be posted on NASA NE website as soon as they are finalized, usually 5-7 days before the event.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:39 AM

Just signed up for HPDE1 on Sunday. I had to put in a number for my car. Is that something that gets taken care of at the track, or am I expected to put numbers on my car? Does painter's tape work for that or do I need something more "official"?
Old 06-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Holeshot121
Just signed up for HPDE1 on Sunday. I had to put in a number for my car. Is that something that gets taken care of at the track, or am I expected to put numbers on my car? Does painter's tape work for that or do I need something more "official"?
Anything will work, even painters tape. I do have a couple of sets of magnets available too if you're interested.

The number you registered with can be changed when you sign the waiver and get your wristband. It's really only so the corner workers / flaggers can identify cars.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by freq
Anything will work, even painters tape. I do have a couple of sets of magnets available too if you're interested.

The number you registered with can be changed when you sign the waiver and get your wristband. It's really only so the corner workers / flaggers can identify cars.
Thanks! I just used my old motocross number - 121. I appreciate the magnet offer, but I don't mind using the painter's tape.

I have a bunch of other noobish questions though. I can't seem to find a schedule of what time everything is going on. Hell, I don't even know what time I'm supposed to show up. It says on the web site that headlights and turn signals on the nose have to be taped - is that correct? Just painter's tape again?

My only other track experience was the SCCA track night, so only 3 sessions. If I show up with a full tank of gas, should I expect to be okay for the day, or do you have to fill up somewhere?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions as we get closer. I like to be prepared, which also means I worry too much.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Community Organizer

No need to tape headlights. Or turn signals.

A full tank of gas should be good for the day. NJMP has Sunoco pumps right there. The prices aren't TOO bad but there is a "surcharge" if you will.

If you have questions, just ask. Feel free to unpack your car and put your things under my trailer if you'd like. We always have 5 gallons of water and a fridge to keep things cold. Of course, if you'd like to be closer to the action, feel free to pit elsewhere.

Text me if you'd like. 61O 47six O879.

Thursday June 7 7pm-10pm Gates Open

Friday June 8 6:30am Gates Open

7:00am Registration / HPDE Tech

8:15am Drivers Meeting

9:00am Cars on Track

12:05pm Lunch

6:00pm Off track

Sat/Sun June 9-10 7:00am Registration / HPDE Tech

7:30 Instructor Meeting in classroom

8:15am HPDE Drivers Meeting

8:15am Racers/ TT Meeting

9:00am Cars on Track

12:35pm Lunch

10:30 Hyperdrive Registration

6:20pm Off track (6:00pm Sunday)

Last edited by freq; 06-06-2018 at 12:00 PM.