Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Local Shop needed - Vortech SC Removal

Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local Shop needed - Vortech SC Removal

Hey everyone,
I need to have my Vortech SC removed. I was going to take it to fsmoto in Delware but I think they changed numbers or emails or something because I cannot get a hold of them. I just spoke with them last month but cannot track them down. As the weather gets warm I really want the car running well and stock and need to find a place that can remove the SC, all SC parts, plug the hole in the oil pan, get me a decent intake (stock one is gone), ensure the car is running well and then get the car inspected.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? Luckily this is less critical than getting one put on but I still want to go to a place that knows what they are doing.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 04-02-2008, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try giving stopping by Eltie Acura on Rt 38 in NJ
Old 04-02-2008, 09:09 AM

is the car not running because of the SC??
Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 AM

It was running poorly forever and I spent too much tme and money trying to figure out why. So, I gave up and parked it in a garage and am now just getting around to dealing with it. It runs, but not well and no mechanic could tell me why it ran poorly as everything they tetsed was fine.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 AM

did it ever run good since you put the SC on the car??
Old 04-03-2008, 09:11 AM

For about 6 months. It was awesome. Then the belt kept getting loose so I overtghtened it and blew the bearing. Had the blower rebuilt by Vortech and tried to install it myself and messed up severly as I ended up blowing the engine. Had the block replaced and it never ran right again. So many variables. So many tests. No answers. I just want a stock car to enjoy and will wait a few years and decide what sports car to get. Rght now I just miss driving it and want to get it out of the garage and drive for the first time in a year.

Any more ideas for shops?
Thanks,
Anthony
Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 AM

Did you install it wrong when you tried to reinstall it back on the car. Sorry for the questions, just being curious.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

sounds like there may be more issues than the supercharger if you had the block replaced
Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 AM

It's a 2 year story and would take forver to tell. I was an idiot trying to put the blower back on. It is very hard to put the blower on after other parts are altready on because it is nearly impossible to put the bolts on as things are in the way. It's meant to be installed in the order of the directions. I reoved the vtec solenoid for clearance for a bolt. Worked on it for 2 more hours, finsihed and forgot the solenoid. Started the car, engine purged itself of oil and I had a rod knock. I'm an idiot I realize this. Nice $4k mistake. Drove it for a week knowing something was wrong and the engine seized. Had the block replaced and then it just never ran like it used too. Sometime it would run ok, sometimes not. In fact, if I changed the sprak plugs, it ran PERFECT for 3 days and then started to get worse again. This happened the 3 times we changed the psarkplugs. It was weird and fsmoto gave up on me and had no idea. The block was new, the blower is new, the rest of the kit is fine. Oil press fine. new sensors everywhere. fuel press fine. Spark plug coloring was fine. Compression fine. New psark plugs. New coil packs. The wiring of the black box was good. We checked EVERYTHING. The only last possibiltiy is a faulty black box or ECU which is unlikely. It's a shame because the SC kit is in great shape with a newly rebuilt blower (new bearings and seals etc). I was want some cash and a convertible to enjoy.

Any shop ideas guys?
Thanks,
Anthony
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Didnt you install the supercharger yourself? Because you said when you were trying to put the blower back on you forgot to put the vtec soleniod back on. Or did FSM put it on?

Quick Reply: Local Shop needed - Vortech SC Removal