Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Looking to buy: Possible meet up with member to experience the S2000.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy: Possible meet up with member to experience the S2000.

Hello all, I am new here and my name is Marc.

I’ve recently sold my Fiesta ST which I bought new in 2015. It was a great car but never really spoke to me.

I am in the market for a pure sports car, hence why I am here. I am between the S2000 and *gasp* a Miata. Really leaning towards the S2000 because it’s a dream car of sorts for me.

I was wondering if there was a member here who would be up to meet, show me around his or her car, and take me for a ride and possibly allow me some seat time as well. I understand it’s a long shot but I would be very grateful. There’s only so much reading and YouTube can fulfill. I would drive to you and put fuel in your S2000 for you’re troubles, maybe even lunch if you’d be into that.

I am in the Lehigh Valley area, and while I’m in no rush to buy a car, I’d love to secure something by the summer if possible if the right deal comes up.

Thanks for reading!
Old 01-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Come to a NASA event and you can have my passenger seat all day long.

I was in your shoes 15 years ago and did the exact same thing, asked to meet a local owner. That's how I met JFO, another S2000 owner. And ....... I was SOLD.

I'd love to help fuel your fire but my car is track only and currently on jack stands getting prepped for the 2019 TT5 season with NASA.

It's an amazing car, find the cleanest, lowest mileage one you can afford and you shouldn't lose money on it. This is a great time to buy. If you find one you like and would like a second set of eyes on it before your purchase, I'd be happy to help.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
rexdriver85 (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by freq
Come to a NASA event and you can have my passenger seat all day long.

I was in your shoes 15 years ago and did the exact same thing, asked to meet a local owner. That's how I met JFO, another S2000 owner. And ....... I was SOLD.

I'd love to help fuel your fire but my car is track only and currently on jack stands getting prepped for the 2019 TT5 season with NASA.

It's an amazing car, find the cleanest, lowest mileage one you can afford and you shouldn't lose money on it. This is a great time to buy. If you find one you like and would like a second set of eyes on it before your purchase, I'd be happy to help.

Good luck.
Hey thanks for the reply. Glad I'm not the only one, felt kind of awkward asking a bunch of strangers to see their car outside of a car show/meet type setting, haha. I appreciate the offer to help me look at a car, if and when the time arises I will keep you in mind, good luck in the 2019 racing season!
Old 01-23-2019, 02:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm about 45 minutes west of Allentown. I'd be happy to take you for a ride on some back roads in my area. However, my car is put away for the winter, and I'm having a baby in early March. So it will probably be late April or early May til I get it out this year.

But definitely don't miss the opportunity to ride shotgun with Freq on track - you won't regret it. In fact, now that I've tracked several times, I'm hoping to snag another ride or two with him this season to pick up some pointers. Dude can drive! Haha
The following users liked this post:
freq (01-23-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:19 AM
Community Organizer

OP, if it's in your budget, buy this!!!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/cars-sal.../#post24558037
Old 01-26-2019, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Holeshot121
I'm about 45 minutes west of Allentown. I'd be happy to take you for a ride on some back roads in my area. However, my car is put away for the winter, and I'm having a baby in early March. So it will probably be late April or early May til I get it out this year.

But definitely don't miss the opportunity to ride shotgun with Freq on track - you won't regret it. In fact, now that I've tracked several times, I'm hoping to snag another ride or two with him this season to pick up some pointers. Dude can drive! Haha
Congrats on the baby! Thanks for the offer man, I understand, my Fiesta ST was always in hibernation this time of year. I think I will have to seriously consider taking freq up on the offer.

Looks awesome, except I can't do black cars anymore. I am WAY to OCD for black. I have had my fair share and don't think I'll ever own black again. When I saw this car I thought of Matt Moreman. By the way, sorry I can't reply to PM's, they don't seem to be available to me ye, not sure why.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:11 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by rexdriver85
Looks awesome, except I can't do black cars anymore. I am WAY to OCD for black. I have had my fair share and don't think I'll ever own black again. When I saw this car I thought of Matt Moreman. By the way, sorry I can't reply to PM's, they don't seem to be available to me ye, not sure why.
That Berlina Black CR looks like it's had a thorough paint correction and protection done, just don't ever drive it and you'll be fine.

There is a 30 day(?) window where new guests cannot PM, no worries.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Nice price!
Old 01-29-2019, 10:30 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Zippy
Nice price!
I thought so too.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

I thought so too.
For a CR! Wow, if I had more miles on mine, I'd consider it.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy: Possible meet up with member to experience the S2000.