Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

NASA NE@ NJMP ThunderBolt Oct. 13-15

Old 09-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts
Default NASA NE@ NJMP ThunderBolt Oct. 13-15

Come participate, come watch, come volunteer to earn free track time. Come out for a ride-along in my passenger seat.

https://nasaproracing.com/events/2599

NJMP ThunderBolt- Oct 13-15 "October-FUN-fest" HPDE/ Sprint Races/ TT

FRI: Competition School, Test/Tune , HPDE 3/4

SAT/SUN: All HPDE groups and Instructors, TT and Sprint races.

Competition School is open for registration at $599 which INCLUDES entry to both races on Sat/Sun. Drivers MUST be advanced HPDE and cars MUST be fully race prepared according to current CCR. School includes classroom. on track exercises and practice race. Questions can be directed to bcasella@nasane.com. HPDE: If you are new to HPDE please register for HPDE1, you will be automatically assigned an Instructor. If you have solo experience, you can register for HPDE2 or HPDE3 depending on experience and number of days completed. If you are an advanced driver HPDE4 and new to NASA, please include track history in your profile including other organizations, number of days and tracks visited
For this event: GARAGE Rental $100. for 3 days . This is an option below which you can purchase. There are no garage rentals from the track for this event. By NASA buying the garage/electric package we are saving you money from the normal NJMP fees. There will not be a charge for any electric hook ups.FREE camping for this event.
The following users liked this post:
Tdoolin18 (09-28-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Im in there like swimwear

Count me in
Old 09-29-2017, 06:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Would it be worth a 2.5 hour drive just to come spectate and maybe get a couple ride alongs? My other plans might be falling apart, so I'm thinking about it.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Holeshot121
Would it be worth a 2.5 hour drive just to come spectate and maybe get a couple ride alongs? My other plans might be falling apart, so I'm thinking about it.
Saturday night there are awards and a dinner, it's really a good time, the food and company are awesome. You (and the wife) are welcome to hang out and park at our trailer, store your gear, have a seat, etc. I've always said the racetrack has the best car shows ........

You get to watch actual races too in addition to all the HPDE stuff. For $50 you can drive your car on the track during lunch, it's called HyperDrive and it's paced.

Only you can decide if it's worth it. Let me know if you have other questions.

-joe
Old 09-29-2017, 04:40 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll probably stop down for a visit, always enjoyed attending this event. Joe's right, best car show.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have those days off work... I hope to be there. Need to update my profie. I live in Philly now.
...Hopefully I can drive my S to PA before then. Work schedule permitting.

Last edited by Spartarus; 09-30-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Spartarus
I hope to be there. Need to update my profie.
Participant?!
Old 09-30-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by freq
Participant?!
Probably not..
Car is not race prepped, I'm not a NASA member, and the only race hardware on it is the SA2015 helmet rolling around in the trunk.
I have Fri and Sat off, I'll probably come down to watch, introduce myself, and ask questions... Happy to volunteer Fri and Sat if I can, assuming there's a need, and assuming I have my car moved by then.
I'd love to get it on the track at some point, provided I don't have to completely ruin the car to do it.

Last edited by Spartarus; 09-30-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:23 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Spartarus
Probably not..
Car is not race prepped, I'm not a NASA member, and the only race hardware on it is the SA2015 helmet rolling around in the trunk.
I have Fri and Sat off, I'll probably come down to watch, introduce myself, and ask questions... Happy to volunteer Fri and Sat if I can, assuming there's a need, and assuming I have my car moved by then.
I'd love to get it on the track at some point, provided I don't have to completely ruin the car to do it.
You can register to volunteer ( no experience necessary) on the NASA website (link above) and earn free track time as I stated.

Bring your helmet, if my passenger seat is empty, feel free to jump in. You'll need a spectator wristband though, the ladies in registration can help you with that.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:57 PM

Well.. I had hoped to be in PA much earlier, but it's coming up on midnight eastern and I've only made it to Columbia MO... Shitty. Next time then...

Quick Reply: NASA NE@ NJMP ThunderBolt Oct. 13-15