Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

DVD New Release Reviews

Old 04-05-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD New Release Reviews

Hostel (7 out of 10) - Alot of hot puss in this movie because the film takes place in Europe. The two main evil bitches are hotter than hell and there is tons of nudity in this movie. Half of the movie is nudity, half is freaky shet. There are a couple of seriously gross scenes. The asian chick at the end was ####ing disgusting and will make your stomach turn. I liked the revenge killings at the end, but the ending could have had a little bit more closure. Good Rental

Wolf Creek (8 out of 10) - This film is an excellent situational horror flick. The bad guy is scary as heck and the story is very creepy as well. All of the characters are great and the scenery is excellent. The movie is suspenseful, but by the end, YOU want the main girl to die because she is so stupid. Remember, always kill the bad guy when you have a chance. The ending sucked balls because you wanted the bad guy to go down hard.

Chronicles of Narnia (7.5 out of 10) - The movie is identical to the book, but the book did a whole lot more for imagination. The battle scene was good, but English children really bother me so everything kind of evened out in the end. Good rental movie, but really a kids rental if you ask me.

Stay (6 out of 10) - Nice interpretation of "death" and some insight into the illusion of time. The best way to describe this movie is a "not as entertaining" version of the movie "Memento", which I love. The cast is good, but Naomi Watts is underinvolved in the movie, unfortunately. Ryan Gosling, (terd from "The Notebook") is the best character and puts on a good performance. Fellas, don't watch this movie with your girlfriend or wife because she will get lost faster than Amelia Earhart's bi-plane on a trans-continental odyssey. On the bright side, the ending was decent.

King Kong (9 out of 10) - This movie is a long one as most Peter Jackson "epics" are. The first hour is slow because it is building the plot and characters, duh. Once they reach the island, the movie really becomes visually incredible. The CGI is great and Noami Watts is perfect for her role (and looks damn fukable). Jack Black seems to steal the show in every movie he is in including this one. This is a definate rental, hang in there for the first hour, the rest of the movie is well worth it.

Capote (6 out of 10) - This movie shows another side of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who definately deserved an oscar for this movie. The plot takes some time to unravel, and doesn't stir a great deal of emotion throughout the movie. Its worth the rental, but if you watch the movie in the evening, it might put you to sleep.
Decent rental for the guys, but if you have a short attention span don't rent it.

Get Rich or Die Trying (7 out of 10) - The story behind this movie is good and believable. This film provides more insight into the world of inner city youth. 50 cent isn't a great actor, but plays the part well (largely because he is playing himself). The ending sucked, but what do you expect.

Prime (6 out of 10) - Uma Thurman looks great in this movie and is a loveable character. This quirky, love comedy is suprisingly very watchable. Good chick flick and unbearable for the male species. The ending sucked.. Not a rental for the guys, more of a compromise rental or a movie to get drunk during so you can fuk your girlfriend/wife immediately after the credits start to roll. Women tend to be up for sex after relationship tearjerkers, dont ask me why.

A History of Violence (8 out of 10) - Classic mob guy turned good guy story, but with good acting. Ed Harris is great as usual in a supporting role and Maria Bello (the wife) steals the show. Viggo Mortensens character is boring, but is a good killer and some of the violent scenes are decent. The movie comes together at the same time..towards the end. Good rental for the guys and a simple enough plot for your girlfriend/wife to follow and remain semi-interested.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:09 AM

how's the ending for capote? you said the other two sucked.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by fonzy_S2K,Apr 6 2006, 11:09 AM
how's the ending for capote? you said the other two sucked.
Suprisingly, the ending for Capote wasn't that bad. The story is pretty good, but the movie really lacks real supporting characters. P.Seymour Hoffman's portrayal of his character basically WAS the movie. It received good reviews, but it's not all that great.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:09 PM

Capote was good but the pace did drag on to the end.

King Kong was good as well but it was still an hour too long.

History of Violence was great. Wish there was a more in depth story about Viggo's character history with violence.

Memoirs of a Geshia was okay. Again, it was a tad too long by 20 minutes. I swear that movie trailers on TV or Cable showed the main character with brilliant blue eyes but that seemed to disappear in the movie with basic blue eyes that rarely popped up. Again, the history behind being a Geshia was interesting.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must be the only person in the word that didn't like King Kong and hated Batman Begins.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Saint_Spinner,Apr 7 2006, 10:28 AM
I must be the only person in the word that didn't like King Kong and hated Batman Begins.
I agree about Batman Begins, Christian Bale and Katie Holmes are forgettable actors, but I thought Liam Nieson's character was good. If kong wouldve been 45 minutes shorter do you think that you wouldve been more impressed?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Zangerzone,Apr 6 2006, 05:09 PM
Capote was good but the pace did drag on to the end.

King Kong was good as well but it was still an hour too long.

History of Violence was great. Wish there was a more in depth story about Viggo's character history with violence.

Memoirs of a Geshia was okay. Again, it was a tad too long by 20 minutes. I swear that movie trailers on TV or Cable showed the main character with brilliant blue eyes but that seemed to disappear in the movie with basic blue eyes that rarely popped up. Again, the history behind being a Geshia was interesting.
I'm going to rent Narnia tonight and maybe Geisha if it's worth thf the rental. Any nudity from the asian chick (main character)?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=gotrice02,Apr 7 2006, 08:25 AM] I'm going to rent Narnia tonight and maybe Geisha if it's worth thf the rental.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Zangerzone,Apr 7 2006, 12:10 PM
Nope, no nudity.

Narnia was a delight to watch. I actually enjoyed it more than King Kong which is messed up because I am fan of King Kong but the recent movie really didn't do much for me besides the fights between the dinosaurs and Kong.
That sucks, that asian needs to do $$$$$$.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by gotrice02,Apr 7 2006, 10:05 AM
That sucks, that asian needs to do $$$$$$.
Zhang Ziyi hasn't done any nudes (yet)

Quick Reply: DVD New Release Reviews