Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

The Last Starship

Old 04-04-2018, 10:55 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default The Last Starship

Amazon now, perhaps it was made recently?

Decent title, kindergarten level of acting, no plot, well ...what can I say? This is i believe a UK made film, the cast is made of people who have heavy accents....heavy. There are Austrians, Scotts, and an assortment of Slavics or Russians. Some of them attempted an American accent. Sometimes they just speak in their native tong. Most it's in some sort of bastardized English, but never mind...there is no plot, just a rambling story or stories. And it is easy to miss whole speeches as they relate to nothing and mean nothing. Many of the scenes seem to come from another film?

oh yeah...forgot to add that every actor has a dirty face, like it's supposed to be socially ok to not wash your face in this universe?

This takes place somewhere in the future, where large "tanks" roam the badlands. Some people are clones I think and they have their "rank" tattooed on their face. the CGI starts out good and deteriorates to a level of crayons over film. there is no explanation for anything, except in speeches by in the middle that you just can't understand? There are monsters with no backstory. New characters are introduced and then forgotten. Lots of CGI gunplay, and you would assume by this time period they would have figured out how to make fully automatic weapons...it's all single shot stuff.

The sets appear to be the inside of an old factory, and old airplane, and an old ship, hard to tell. The costumes are made of old cold air intakes (car reference), cardboard, old Russian medals, barbie doll heads ( I kid you not), and anything laying around as an art project....it's almost like every actor was given a pile of stuff to make a costume out of and did their own thing. There are dressed in red female Ninjas with German accents, oh and many of them wear eye patches.

This is just bad, period, so stay away, unless you are like me a lover of film and someone with high hopes....0 out of 10 cause there is not one thing I can like about this except the title,and the starship appears in the very last scene.