Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

The Frozen Dead, netflix series

Old 01-08-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default The Frozen Dead, netflix series

No zombies here....This is a French serial killer crime drama: which means to me that the story can be very convoluted , characters plenty and confusing, and the photography and music good....mood setting. This is a serial killer mood piece set in the frozen mountains.

It has story elements from many movies, Silence of the Lambs, Crimson rivers, to name a few. A flawed divorced, alcoholic detective displaced to this little mountain town to solve a grizzly crime, he also has an unknown health issue. Along with that captain is another local captain cop, who is a lesbian, and can out shoot the other captain, and has secrets. Then there is the convicted serial killer who manipulates this whole thing from behind bars in a mental hospital. Then add a couple of psychiatrists with past and present issues and secrets. Then add a crime that was perpetuated 20 years ago and never completely solved. A headless horse, nobody cares when a cop yells "stop or I will shoot", a secret cash of vhs tapes, and an ending that leaves things up in the air ....or does it.....

So the story is a bit long winded,full of characters borrowed, lots of montage photography, promise of action and surprisingly little gratuitous violence...yet a few kills and castrations...

Like i said it is French....I wanted very much to like it...the photography is great, the music sets a mood, the casting well done as nobody is anybody I have ever seen...and the characters are flawed and human.

In the end I can say you can skip it unless you really like French TV. 5 outta 10 as I am sure the crew worked hard and froze while making this so it deserves a look.