Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Dragon Tech Day, Friday 7am-11am

Old 01-05-2013, 05:22 AM

Received 1,244 Likes on 759 Posts
Default Dragon Tech Day, Friday 7am-11am

First off, if you are reading this, I advise you to bring TWO KEYS with you to RtD. If you only have one, you have PLENTY of time to go to Honda and have a second made. There have been a small amount of guys who have lost an only key, and it is a catastrophic downer to this vacation. Honda dealers are VERY far away, and getting another key made out in this remote area is near impossible. Your only option is a flatbed, which will take 2-4 hours to arrive, be morbidly expensive, and that doesn't even include Honda's bill so get that second key.

I'll be doing my usual tech day, Friday morning in front of the Wildwood grill. Paid services will include custom valve adjustments, modified TCTs, and possible retainer job. Please PM me to schedule time on the valve adjustment list and TCT list, I think bama dave and florian are on there already.

If you have never come to tech day, it is a good idea to stop by. I will be offering some vital free services and classes to any one who wants to come by and learn about their S2000.

-Billman's revised axle nut torque settings: this is a one time service. Don't be among the hundreds of s2k owners who are destroying wheel bearings and hubs on a regular basis. Stop by and get your axle nut torque revised, this applies to all s2ks up to 2009. IF YOU WOULD LIKE THIS DONE, you have a little home work to do if you have AFTERMARKET WHEELS or CR type wheels. All you need to do is remove your rear wheel center caps. On AP2 V3 wheels (CR type) remove the wheel, and push the center cap out from the back with your fingers. I can take caps off on factory AP1, and AP2 V1 and V2. I ask you to show up with your rear center caps removed, this will save time and allow me to do all participants that want it done.

-clutch adjustment: this vital service is a one time adjustment, and will save your transmission from develping the all too famous second gear grind. No homework needed, just show up

-Clutch fluid replacement class: I will do one clutch fluid job, and show you all how to do this easy, vital service.

-spark plug torque: don't be one of the many with engine destruction because of this simple service. HOMEWORK is required for this. Simply bring a 5mm allen key to remove your coil cover, and a 10mm socket wrench to remove your coil packs. Just park at the tech spot, remove these easy items, and I will do the rest.

-aftermarket suspension tuning advice: I have found that 90% or more of aftermarket suspensions are poorly set up, and require adjustments. I'll be glad to take your car for a spin, and advise you where you need to make adjustments (ride height, preload, compression, rebound, sway bar positioning, alignment, tire psi)

-of course I will be on hand for any car troubles or breakdowns, and will post my radio channel on the main writing board in the lodge.

work list:

Monday or tuesday in Marion:
-bama dave: va & tct

Thursday AM:
-florian: va tct gen4
-DragonDidg: va, axle nut
-GvilleS

-Thrusday PM:
Darcyw TCT

Friday AM:

-lovetodrive2000: va Needs to roll by 10am
-ZeroPsi: VA
-shedrivesit, VA
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Bill....You are just too awesome....& the "Spare-Key"..... that goes without saying....and it's a great reminder for those that have never thought of it...
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 AM

Received 151 Likes on 136 Posts

Put me down for a valve adjustment!

Earlier the better!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Received 199 Likes on 157 Posts

Yo Billman.
Valve Adjustment, TCT, and if you have time the Clutch Valve Delay on the 06. Please remember that I have to do the Newbie Run around 9:00 Friday. Thanks man
Old 01-05-2013, 03:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

DO NOT miss the opportunity to let this man take care of your baby. Hands down the best S2000 mechanic on the planet. Worth every penny and every moment of your time, for peice of mind
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 AM

Received 151 Likes on 136 Posts

And he'll answer ANY question you have about the S2000!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

i picked up my second key from HONDA in port huron, MI last Fall. Cost was $35 for the key itself and $35 for programming. Vital peace of mind.

I'd like to sit in on one of the valve adjustments. Don't need one as I completed it a week ago, but i'd like to back up my "go, no go" on the feeler gauge- I think i've got it right.

I'd love to schedule a clutch adjustment.

thank you and looking forward to the event.

darcy
'03 silverstone, stock
i'll be wearing a day glo orange shirt too...like a traffic cone
Old 01-07-2013, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has me really second-guessing our decision to not attend RTD this year. Hmmm.....
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by onu2002
This has me really second-guessing our decision to not attend RTD this year. Hmmm.....
Might there also be a lady who would attend with you, Tom? (as an added inducement, Steven Baxter will be doing paintless dent removal and there might also be a person doing wheel repair and refinishing).
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Originally Posted by onu2002' timestamp='1357563303' post='22250242
Might there also be a lady who would attend with you, Tom? (as an added inducement, Steven Baxter will be doing paintless dent removal and there might also be a person doing wheel repair and refinishing).
Yeah, we decided to attend Spring Fling in lieu of RTD this year, but Bill and Steven being there has me thinkin'.

Quick Reply: Dragon Tech Day, Friday 7am-11am