Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Meets and Events > Dragon Events
Reload this Page >

Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019

Notices
Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019

Old 09-19-2018, 09:46 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
kgf3076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Eastbound and down, rolling and truckin'
Posts: 21,951
Thanked 44 Times in 43 Posts
Default Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019

I have an idea. Let's go to Deal's Gap, NC, stay at Fontana Village and drive the Dragon once in a while. Invite your friends, family, the guy next door. We'll eat too much, drink responsibly, BS a LOT, hang out and make Sharon tell us about her doctor assisting days again. Jamie (joephotographer) is going to organize the RtD2019 Beer Swap, I'm going to hang out and watch him work, Mike and Denny and the OKI crew are going to make their Thursday entrance and it'll be four (or five or six) days of great friends, great cars, and great times. See you in May at Fontana Village.
kgf3076 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to kgf3076 For This Useful Post:
adrs2k (09-21-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 11:32 AM
  #2  
 
SheDrivesIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 8,929
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Sounds like a plan. Already have our room reserved.
SheDrivesIt is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 01:40 PM
  #3  
 
darcyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: um, a house
Posts: 2,966
Thanks: 0
Thanked 54 Times in 48 Posts
Default

yup, you'll see me there...even though its mother's day weekend! I already have my first map/drive drawn up. New radar detector on its way.
let's go!

darcy
darcyw is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 02:56 PM
  #4  
 
Looter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 7,855
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Room is booked...
Is it time to go yet....
Looter is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 06:47 PM
  #5  
 
AaronCompNetSys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 803
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I'm going to do a Friday after dinner event, Twinkle's 28/Skyway Park and Ride. Focus will be all about appreciating the cars, their feel and sounds. Last Friday; Turbo, Artin, and I enjoyed checking out each other's cars and it was one of the more memorable parts of the trip. Turbo and I will welcome any others to join us next spring for a casual run to the Skyway if the weather is nice. I'll create a thread with details and topics we will discuss.

Crappy video from last Friday night: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eguoWhGCtyE6XRBA7
But it was a lot of fun to just listen to him tool around in my car on the empty Skyway.
AaronCompNetSys is offline  
Old 09-20-2018, 12:24 AM
  #6  
Thread Starter
 
kgf3076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Eastbound and down, rolling and truckin'
Posts: 21,951
Thanked 44 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys View Post
Crappy video from last Friday night: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eguoWhGCtyE6XRBA7
But it was a lot of fun to just listen to him tool around in my car on the empty Skyway.
Just tried and the video doesn't load.
kgf3076 is offline  
Old 09-20-2018, 04:36 AM
  #7  
 
JoePhotographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Village of None
Posts: 808
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys View Post
I'm going to do a Friday after dinner event, Twinkle's 28/Skyway Park and Ride. Focus will be all about appreciating the cars, their feel and sounds. Last Friday; Turbo, Artin, and I enjoyed checking out each other's cars and it was one of the more memorable parts of the trip. Turbo and I will welcome any others to join us next spring for a casual run to the Skyway if the weather is nice. I'll create a thread with details and topics we will discuss.

Crappy video from last Friday night: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eguoWhGCtyE6XRBA7
But it was a lot of fun to just listen to him tool around in my car on the empty Skyway.
Aaron - count me in.
JoePhotographer is offline  
Old 09-20-2018, 04:38 AM
  #8  
 
JoePhotographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Village of None
Posts: 808
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Ken - You may get me to create a Saturday drive (that I'll actually lead!!). Will need to procure a radar detector. Want to see what Mike has, as it seems to work fantastically well, seeing that he leads all the drives!

Greg - when are you leading?? Mike says you are!
JoePhotographer is offline  
Old 09-20-2018, 06:34 AM
  #9  
 
darcyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: um, a house
Posts: 2,966
Thanks: 0
Thanked 54 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer View Post
Ken - You may get me to create a Saturday drive (that I'll actually lead!!). Will need to procure a radar detector. )
Uniden R1 or R3 seems to be the hot ticket currently.
darcy
darcyw is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to darcyw For This Useful Post:
JoePhotographer (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 12:01 PM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 1,219
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Doing the speed limit seems to work for most of the Canadians.
zenairdave is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands