Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Rockin' the Dragon 2014 - April 10-13, 2014

Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 PM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by scammedon
I'll take all drives you want me to lead... Gladly.
OK.... Friday at 8:00 the Skyway... 11:00 Moonshiner...... 2:00 Hilltops and Hollers....

Saturday.... 8:00 Highlands drive.... 1:00 Atlanta drive.... 4:00 Key West Drive......
Old 09-17-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by funat9000rpm
I'll still lead Hilltops if Sheila and/or Ron aren't in attendance

If we choose to venture out to north GA for a Blood Mountain run, I'll lead that, too
We should be there, but will be glad to let you still take the lead on Hilltops, Flo!

Another fun option for "something different" on Friday or Saturday, could be a pretty drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Waynesville then a mad drive via some of the back roads (the crazy Canadians discovered last year) from Waynesville back to Dillsboro (about an hour). Have a major awesome "family style" lunch at the Jarrett House (a real treat!) in Dillsboro, spend a little time browsing a few of the cool shops, ending at a local brewery there. Take some growlers back for the beer swap. I could probably talk Ron into us leading this one. Hmmmmm.....
Old 09-17-2013, 01:13 PM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by smccoy
Originally Posted by funat9000rpm' timestamp='1379352351' post='22780810
I'll still lead Hilltops if Sheila and/or Ron aren't in attendance

If we choose to venture out to north GA for a Blood Mountain run, I'll lead that, too
We should be there, but will be glad to let you still take the lead on Hilltops, Flo!

Another fun option for "something different" on Friday or Saturday, could be a pretty drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Waynesville then a mad drive via some of the back roads (the crazy Canadians discovered last year) from Waynesville back to Dillsboro (about an hour). Have a major awesome "family style" lunch at the Jarrett House (a real treat!) in Dillsboro, spend a little time browsing a few of the cool shops, ending at a local brewery there. Take some growlers back for the beer swap. I could probably talk Ron into us leading this one. Hmmmmm.....
Great idea, Sheila. I just added the drive to Waynesville on Saturday. Will that work for you (oh, and Ron )?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Originally Posted by scammedon' timestamp='1379376728' post='22781575
I'll take all drives you want me to lead... Gladly.
OK.... Friday at 8:00 the Skyway... 11:00 Moonshiner...... 2:00 Hilltops and Hollers....

Saturday.... 8:00 Highlands drive.... 1:00 Atlanta drive.... 4:00 Key West Drive......
Glad nobody would take advantage of my helpful good nature!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll take the hill climb drive, Ken
Old 09-17-2013, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Goodness that's shaping up to be one heck of an itinerary! At some point, we (I just volunteered, didn't I? ) should probably lay out the itinerary in a clear manner so attendees can easily see which drives overlap & thus that they can attend.

I have one other suggestion - Fluffy Clouds stays off the itinerary, and becomes invite only. Just a thought, feel free to discuss

Also, though I can't be 100% certain of my attendance in the spring, I am happy to lead the Cherohala Express drive in case Scammedon doesn't want to run a, shall we say "very spritied," pace.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Goodness that's shaping up to be one heck of an itinerary! At some point, we (I just volunteered, didn't I? ) should probably lay out the itinerary in a clear manner so attendees can easily see which drives overlap & thus that they can attend.

I have one other suggestion - Fluffy Clouds stays off the itinerary, and becomes invite only. Just a thought, feel free to discuss

Also, though I can't be 100% certain of my attendance in the spring, I am happy to lead the Cherohala Express drive in case Scammedon doesn't want to run a, shall we say "very spritied," pace.
LOL Scammedon is a regular on the FCPD run... so he's not too concerned about a very spirited pace on the Cherahola. This last week was all about keeping my 19yr old newbie son (on all seasons) out of the trees.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Habitforming' timestamp='1379469958' post='22783774

LOL Scammedon is a regular on the FCPD run... so he's not too concerned about a very spirited pace on the Cherahola. This last week was all about keeping my 19yr old newbie son (on all seasons) out of the trees.
cool. I don't remember seeing you there before, but glad to hear that. How did momma bear take the news about her cub? I heard the story - yikes! and glad it turned out ok
Old 09-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Ken I am going to take a small group (3 to 7 cars) into North Georgia one day next spring. I don't want to have a large group for the drive. This will be a good pace for the drive. Going to look at some of the routes we did for S2K Days. I will post up dates and times as we get closer to the event. Later BD
Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Habitforming' timestamp='1379469958' post='22783774

FAIL!

Quick Reply: Rockin' the Dragon 2014 - April 10-13, 2014