Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

RTD 2017 Beer Share

Old 04-13-2017, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by W00D
You should register, as this and the other events are for attendees. There are going to be some spectacular brews at this share, let alone the rest of the event is great!
Still not sure when I can get there. But no worries...I'll leave you all alone!
Old 04-13-2017, 05:10 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LaurenLeah
Still not sure when I can get there. But no worries...I'll leave you all alone!
Screw that, I say go if you still have the room.
Some people here are obviously too uptight about including other S owners when this whole thing is basically copy & paste of the original event anyways.

At the very least, you'll have fun on the local roads and enjoy the scenery.
And if you get any smug looks from an immature driver, just smile and wave

When we did the original event a couple years ago, we had a good time and didn't really do much with the group in the first place minus the main drive & banquet. Still fun just being around that many S2000's, but maybe it'll be best to wait for the quality > quantity trip if that's what you'd prefer
Old 04-13-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alexs '05

At the very least, you'll have fun on the local roads and enjoy the scenery.

Still fun just being around that many S2000's, but maybe it'll be best to wait for the quality > quantity trip if that's what you'd prefer
Was planning on doing my own drives since I won't be able to make it for everything that the registration includes. But was still hoping to at least meet a few people while i was down there. I certainly did not mean to impose on any activities that incurred a cost and didn't even try to take up any spots on an organized drive. Thought this might be a good activity to get in on and meet some people since it shouldn't be costing them anything. Didn't realize it was so exclusive though.

I think I'd rather wait for a future event. Won't make much sense for me to go if I'm not going to be allowed to meet anyone here, especially since I'll be there by myself.

You sound nice and welcoming..let me know when you go and I'll meet you there!
Old 04-13-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 972 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by LaurenLeah
Was planning on doing my own drives since I won't be able to make it for everything that the registration includes. But was still hoping to at least meet a few people while i was down there. I certainly did not mean to impose on any activities that incurred a cost and didn't even try to take up any spots on an organized drive. Thought this might be a good activity to get in on and meet some people since it shouldn't be costing them anything. Didn't realize it was so exclusive though.

I think I'd rather wait for a future event. Won't make much sense for me to go if I'm not going to be allowed to meet anyone here, especially since I'll be there by myself.

You sound nice and welcoming..let me know when you go and I'll meet you there!
I don't really believe anyone has said you aren't welcome to come to Fontana. There are a lot of planned activities (we cut and pasted them all so we can save time ) and nobody ever does all of them, there are just too many things going on. You're more than welcome to stop by, say hello, introduce yourself, and make plans to join in for Dragon Fall Run or when you have enough time to derive the maximum benefit from the meet. Some people like Alex, don't participate in every thing. I don't participate in everything and I do most of the organizing. It's just not possible. The value you receive from the nominal registration fee, I feel is well worthwhile. I've been doing (and registering for) this for a long time. I've never felt cheated or that I didn't get more than my money's worth. If you decide to come down, find me and say hello, I'll gladly introduce you to a lot of people who live in the same area you do and come to the Dragon twice a year.
When were you planning on arriving? You said work was a problem (and I can definitely understand that), but arriving on Friday evening still allows you to do most things and share in the fun.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Lauren, if you wait until the fall event you will get to meet some of the best, real nice people that can't attend the spring event.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Lauren, if you wait until the fall event you will get to meet some of the best, real nice people that can't attend the spring event.

Anxious to get down there soon, Think I will just go in May. I do already have a trip planned for the fall, so probably won't be able to make it to both. Maybe next year though. I'll have more vacation time then.
The following users liked this post:
Looter (04-14-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

We have a nice collection of Brews showing up to this share.

I plan to have plastic cups to ease the sharing!
The following users liked this post:
PJCC (04-26-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is what I am bringing.

Quadfather aged in Bourbon Barrels (22oz)- This special batch of our Belgian Quadruple was aged in a menagerie of four different bourbon barrels for 20 months and blended together to perfection. Blending Old Forrester, Heaven Hill, Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace barrels together yielded an incredibly complex, layered beer rich in Belgian esters, oak, leather, dark fruits and bourbon.

Imperial Breakfast Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels (22oz)- IBS is our imperialized version of our Breakfast of Champions aged 20 months in Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels. Brewed with copious amounts of dark and roasted malts, this is liquid breakfast in your mug- we used an insane amount of locally roasted coffee, Ghanaian cocoa nibs, and local maple syrup rounded by oak and packing a bourbon punch to deliver a beer fitting to start your day off with. You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning, right?

Both are bonkers good.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:58 PM

Here's what I'm bringing: Unrated — Upon a Virginian Wheat — Good Beer Hunting
Old 04-27-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm bringing a Lonerider mixed 12-pack and probably some random bombers of stuff I've been hoarding (mostly stouts).

Looking forward to trying those Voodoo brews!

Quick Reply: RTD 2017 Beer Share