S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Dragon Events (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/dragon-events-49/)
-   -   RTD 2018 Drive Leaders Needed!!! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/dragon-events-49/rtd-2018-drive-leaders-needed-1178785/)

Lovetodrive2000 10-21-2017 01:34 PM

RTD 2018 Drive Leaders Needed!!!

OK.... time for everyone to start thinking ahead, and figure out if they want to step forward and lead a drive at RTD 2018..... There's not a whole lot better than looking at 5-10 cars in your rear view mirror, depending on you to lead them to lunch/ice cream/destination! :)

We are always short on drives and drive leaders. Would like to limit drives to 8-10 cars per leader to make the experience more memorable! Last RTD, we had a number of people step up and lead drives which really made the event a lot better for a LOT of attendees. :thumbup:

There are tons of great roads to lead drives on.... I (and others) can give you routes to take for a lot of great drives. Can/will give you Google Maps links that will show/tell all the turns, etc that you need to lead a drive. Just pull the link up in your phone, and your map program will tell you when/where to turn....

If you have been to a couple of Dragon events..... its YOUR turn to step up and lead a drive.... Just think back on your 1st , 2nd, 3rd event.... and you tagged along on a drive..... now its your turn to lead one! :D

I'll start a thread in Jan/Feb with drives that people have volunteered to lead. PM me if you want to lead a drive... and to where!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tipwink:

Bama Dave 10-21-2017 05:41 PM

Hopefully Scoots will volutneer to take group on the soon to be famous "Is It Time To Go Yet Drive :egads:" I'll bet it will be a great one right Scoots. What say you sir. :tipwink:

Scooterboy 10-21-2017 05:48 PM

I will lead the cars behind me but I need Mike in front of me! :drive:

darcyw 10-21-2017 08:18 PM

I'd be happy to lead a Thursday night Cherohola stargazing drive at a rapid pace- leave Fontana at about 9 pm- back by midnight. Stop for gas at the entrance to the Cherohola then take off from there. Stop at about 5500 feet. Go back to Fontana. Sleep. Then back at it the next day.

darcy

Bama Dave 10-22-2017 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy (Post 24372233)
I will lead the cars behind me but I need Mike in front of me! :drive:

So you're a follower and not a leader. Damn :stir:

kgf3076 10-22-2017 11:33 AM

I'll lead my usual Thursday drive to Maryville and one of the Fridays are for Franklin drives.

JoePhotographer 10-23-2017 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by darcyw (Post 24372303)
I'd be happy to lead a Thursday night Cherohola stargazing drive at a rapid pace- leave Fontana at about 9 pm- back by midnight. Stop for gas at the entrance to the Cherohola then take off from there. Stop at about 5500 feet. Go back to Fontana. Sleep. Then back at it the next day.

darcy

When you post an offical drive post, add me to the driver list.

darcyw 10-23-2017 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer (Post 24372733)

you got it!
darcy

Two-of-Swords 11-02-2017 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by darcyw (Post 24372303)

darcy

​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer (Post 24372733)

I am sad I missed this drive last year, but we were so exhausted! We should (hopefully) be arriving to the Dragon at a reasonable time in the Spring so we can attend this. You can put us both on the list too.

S2LEGEND 11-06-2017 05:36 AM

if everything aligns properly with the stars, and planets, and universe, which so far it seems to be.... (i'm already off that sunday, it's early enough in the month, etc)....

I'll lead the Saturday Cherohala Skyway Drive.