Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

RtD2015 - Thursday night dinner ideas

Old 01-13-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RtD2015 - Thursday night dinner ideas

The past couple of events I have organized a group to meet for dinner at the Montview Bistro (the fancy restaurant in the Fontana lodge) on Thursday night. I'd like to see who is still interested in that, and also to hear of any other ideas anyone has as far as another option.

Last fall I got to taste the BBQ joint that sets up at Deal's Gap and it was fantastic - but I am unsure how late he hangs around, such that we'd be able to get dinner there. Further, it's outdoor dining so we're at the mercy of the weather. Years ago a group of primarily the OKI group would stop for dinner at Hooters in Maryville before heading across the Foothills & Dragon to get to Fontana. Despite some herculean efforts by certain members, we were never able to get Hooters girls to our events Alternatively, there's a McDonald's not too far away in Robbinsville

Who is interested in a more local dinner on Thursday, and what ideas do you have??
Old 01-15-2015, 06:39 AM

Received 199 Likes on 157 Posts

Andy there's a Mexican place in Robbinsville that not bad. I will be heading back with you from the Exxon in Maryville. Remember I am leading a drive up to the Skyway. See you soon man.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bama Dave
Andy there's a Mexican place in Robbinsville that not bad. I will be heading back with you from the Exxon in Maryville. Remember I am leading a drive up to the Skyway. See you soon man.
Glad to hear I won't be making that drive alone, BD! Not sure I'll be making the Skyway drive that night, it's already a long day of driving for me.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Lynn's place up the hill from microtel never disappoints. There is also a Cuban (hungry bear cafe)place across the street from microtel which is decent. On the adjacent corner there is another small place to grab a quick bite. On the opposite side of town there is also a newer place (the hub)with some covered bike parking which make good sandwiches and coffee, keep going past that place and there is another place on the left serving pizza,etc.

That pretty much covers all the mom and pop places. If its late and your in a pinch, huddle house is 24h
Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by starchland
Lynn's place up the hill from microtel never disappoints. There is also a Cuban (hungry bear cafe)place across the street from microtel which is decent. On the adjacent corner there is another small place to grab a quick bite. On the opposite side of town there is also a newer place (the hub)with some covered bike parking which make good sandwiches and coffee, keep going past that place and there is another place on the left serving pizza,etc.

That pretty much covers all the mom and pop places. If its late and your in a pinch, huddle house is 24h
Is this all in Robbinsville? Amazing, I've been coming for almost a decade, and never noticed any of those places... Lol
Old 01-15-2015, 05:21 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Yeah, it's really picked up a lot in the last 3 years
Old 01-15-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 199 Likes on 157 Posts

Jeff are you going to make the trip down this year. Hope to see you again man.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:57 PM

Well damn, two of the best looking places - Hungry Bear Cafe & The Hub, both close mid-day. It looks like Lynn's Place and Pacifico (mexican) are the only ones that would be open for dinner.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:31 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Well damn, two of the best looking places - Hungry Bear Cafe & The Hub, both close mid-day. It looks like Lynn's Place and Pacifico (mexican) are the only ones that would be open for dinner.
Lynn's place is a great place for lunch but I've never been there for dinner. Right across the street from the cop shop makes it pretty safe.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Originally Posted by Habitforming' timestamp='1421384220' post='23470120
Lynn's place is a great place for lunch but I've never been there for dinner. Right across the street from the cop shop makes it pretty safe.
There's even a place to buy our own cops!? Man, I really need to spend some time getting to know Robinsville!

Quick Reply: RtD2015 - Thursday night dinner ideas