Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Stargazing @ Cherohala Thursday night?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for whatever is going on
Old 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm up for this.
Planned to do it last year. Don't remember why I didn't. Did it even happen?
Cherohala is a great drive and I would love to experience it under the stars. I hope the weather cooperates.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

last spring i believe we moved it a day. my car broke the moment I arrived to that event, which kind of threw everything off.

last fall it was called off due to cloudy weather. this spring I will be monitoring the forecast as we approach the event, and try to post a plan a couple days ahead. Depending on weather it might get moved a day or two, or it may just be called off again

Old 02-27-2014, 05:16 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I may try to join for this depending on when the OKI caravan that I'll be with gets in to Fontana from Gatlinburg (dinner at Park Grill). Does anyone know a rough time that people would head out for this?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:10 AM

Hey Fury I'll be with that caravan, but I'm heading straight to Fontana and staying there once we arrive. I plan to depart around 8:30 or 9, which might be tight coming from Park Grill (but you could always leave a little early, provided you know where you're going). Or, you can join us lazy folk at the Mountview Bistro in the lodge for dinner instead. The food was very good last time!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Hey Fury I'll be with that caravan, but I'm heading straight to Fontana and staying there once we arrive. I plan to depart around 8:30 or 9, which might be tight coming from Park Grill (but you could always leave a little early, provided you know where you're going). Or, you can join us lazy folk at the Mountview Bistro in the lodge for dinner instead. The food was very good last time!
Sounds good, thanks!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

last spring i believe we moved it a day. my car broke the moment I arrived to that event, which kind of threw everything off.

last fall it was called off due to cloudy weather. this spring I will be monitoring the forecast as we approach the event, and try to post a plan a couple days ahead. Depending on weather it might get moved a day or two, or it may just be called off again

I hope it's on Thursday no matter how late it is. Otherwise I will miss out again. :-(
Old 02-27-2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by pwrinxs

I hope it's on Thursday no matter how late it is. Otherwise I will miss out again. :-(
Tell that to the clouds!

Official RtD2014 thread started here, lets move the conversation to that thread