Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Thursday Dinner? Anyone?

Old 09-06-2013, 09:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thursday Dinner? Anyone?

I'm going to take it easy on Thursday afternoon. Having driven all the way down there and likely doing the Stargazing on the Cherohala later that evening, I'm not going to make the pilgrimage to Gatlinburg with the rest of the group.

I've heard from several people that the restaurant at Fontana (Mountview) is pretty good, and have never eaten there in the many years I've been coming down there. Anyone care to join me? Or will I be the only one at Fontana? It should be an extra safe & delicious meal!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy,

Faith and I will be at Fontana on Thursday evening and would be happy to join you and any other members of the Dragon Crew for "Good Eats"
at the Lodge restaurant. I think we should make reservations as we check-in... As I remember, it is not very busy during the week there and they appreciate having a head count for staffing purposes...

Seeya,

Jeff
Old 09-06-2013, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric (Learnerspermit) and I will probably be around the area Thursday also.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Slowride
Andy,

Faith and I will be at Fontana on Thursday evening and would be happy to join you and any other members of the Dragon Crew for "Good Eats"
at the Lodge restaurant. I think we should make reservations as we check-in... As I remember, it is not very busy during the week there and they appreciate having a head count for staffing purposes...

Seeya,

Jeff
Good idea, hopefully we can get a headcount over the next few days

Originally Posted by HondaBabe
Sounds good. I'll ping channel 4.0 an hour or so ahead to see who is interested, and also put it on the whiteboard. Also, I would love the opportunity to buy your husband a beer - Learner, thank you for your service! (and equally to you, HB!)
Old 09-07-2013, 03:53 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

We should be there in time for the dinner gtg. Include us in.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Andy, you're missing out here in Colorado. Safety meetings galore, I think my tolerance will be too high ( ) for this event. Anyway. I think Thursday morning we're doing that brewery tour drive to Bryson city, so depending on when we get back, let's link up and decide last minute I'm down for Wildwood Grille, though, they have really good burgers
Old 09-07-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HondaBabe
Sounds good. I'll ping channel 4.0 an hour or so ahead to see who is interested, and also put it on the whiteboard. Also, I would love the opportunity to buy your husband a beer - Learner, thank you for your service! (and equally to you, HB!)

thank you! But you said a free beer I'm there!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by funat9000rpm
Hey Andy, you're missing out here in Colorado. Safety meetings galore, I think my tolerance will be too high ( ) for this event. Anyway. I think Thursday morning we're doing that brewery tour drive to Bryson city, so depending on when we get back, let's link up and decide last minute I'm down for Wildwood Grille, though, they have really good burgers
Very jelly over here Enjoy some for me! Hopefully you all are back in time, I'd like to catch up with the yankees & canucks as well. Going to have to pass on Wildwood though, I seem to live off of burgers these days, wanting a good classy dinner that night, perhaps trout?

Originally Posted by learnerspermit
Originally Posted by HondaBabe' timestamp='1378493831' post='22765174

thank you! But you said a free beer I'm there!
Well you sure butchered that quote, but I'll still buy you a beer. Two if you can get me a ride in a C-130 or something else good

Several cases if you can get me up in an F-anything
Old 09-07-2013, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well maybe a c-17.. As far as "F-", today at work they said they are offering a eledigidly 250k bonus to fly a "F-" whatever.... However problems lie with no money for those units alot of units getting the axe and the f-35 coming online and seems that most want to fly heavies to go to commercial lines.

So sounds to me like why go get a ride when they are begging for drivers!

but here is some c-17 pron for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXnGh...aHW0g&index=16
Old 09-07-2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by learnerspermit
Well maybe a c-17.. As far as "F-", today at work they said they are offering a eledigidly 250k bonus to fly a "F-" whatever.... However problems lie with no money for those units alot of units getting the axe and the f-35 coming online and seems that most want to fly heavies to go to commercial lines.

So sounds to me like why go get a ride when they are begging for drivers!

but here is some c-17 pron for you
http://www.youtube.c...NaHW0g&index=16
250k bonus to fly the greatest hardware ever? sounds like I need to quit my day job and join the AF! Probably too old to become a jet jockey these days though

oh yeah, I'll gladly take a ride on a C-17

Quick Reply: Thursday Dinner? Anyone?