Engine Swaps Discussion of alternate engine swaps into the S2000 other than F20/22. K24, 2JZ, V6, V8 etc...

The calm before the storm (v8 swap)

Old 04-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

I spent 3 years swapping my FD, you’re smart to take your time, I was very particular under the hood and she was so pretty. Never had a single hiccup once it was timed, 6,000 trouble free miles before I sold it. Look into www.speartech.com for your harness if you’re open to suggestions, that was my favorite piece of the build and the support they offer is top notch. I included a video of my swap, you can see how clean the harness is. Goodluck I’ll be following this one.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:56 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Very interesting read and pics. When I was a young whipper snapper I swapped a 350 Chevy V8 truck engine (dual bolt mains) with a 4 barrel carb into a Toyota Landcruiser. It was a rocket ship. It was affectionately referred to as a "Toyolet." It looked completely oem from the outside. But, it got up and going real fast off the line. A real sleeper.

Unfortunately, I cut a lot of corners because I was young and broke and it had a variety off issues. I swore after that experience that I would stay away from swaps. Still, its fun to watch other people doing these swaps. Doing a swap properly so that it is reliable and easy to work on etc., is a major piece of work.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats such a beautiful swap you had there. I got a thing for gradients of automotive Silver to. When done right I see swaps go for labor & and cost as well as rarity, deffly a market for them. Im close to re deploying back home and will continue to keep this updated. Thanks

I went with a tweakd harness to keep interoperability with the oem cluster gauges, various other stock circuits and the gm engine/harness. They advertise practically plug n play with just things like wiring pins into the stock obd port to read the ecu.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 04-08-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:33 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

If you have a plan with the harness then good deal, that’s always the most tedious part, I eventually finished the gauges and stuff and sold the car for more than I had in it. I think you’ll be more than impressed with your car after the swap, people knock them but there really is nothing else like it, it’s a very savage and visceral experience. Goodluck with your travels as well, take care.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had an LS swapped '93 FD. Being and older car it had so many squeaks and rattles it drove me nuts. I got rid of most of them using carpet padding and foam tape. But, every time I parked it I looked at my S2000 and I wished that had the swap instead. So, I sold the FD and everything I didn't need to keep from the S2000 (including a Vortech S/C kit) and I don't regret it at all! Perfect chassis with power everywhere. And you can't beat the sound of a screaming V8. I'd love to see how you work out that Samberg intake. I loved that setup on my FD.

Not to thread-jack. But, here's my S2000 build thread:

http://www.v8s2000.com/forums/showth...O-LS1-T56-swap
Old 04-09-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
If you have a plan with the harness then good deal, that’s always the most tedious part, I eventually finished the gauges and stuff and sold the car for more than I had in it. I think you’ll be more than impressed with your car after the swap, people knock them but there really is nothing else like it, it’s a very savage and visceral experience. Goodluck with your travels as well, take care.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (its gonna be glorious) Thanks!

Originally Posted by theprophet36
I had an LS swapped '93 FD. Being and older car it had so many squeaks and rattles it drove me nuts. I got rid of most of them using carpet padding and foam tape. But, every time I parked it I looked at my S2000 and I wished that had the swap instead. So, I sold the FD and everything I didn't need to keep from the S2000 (including a Vortech S/C kit) and I don't regret it at all! Perfect chassis with power everywhere. And you can't beat the sound of a screaming V8. I'd love to see how you work out that Samberg intake. I loved that setup on my FD.

Not to thread-jack. But, here's my S2000 build thread:

http://www.v8s2000.com/forums/showth...O-LS1-T56-swap
:smile: I have read this build thread lol. Practically every single one on v8s2000 ... its just so dead over there. I see people viewing almost Alllwayys but not to many responses to even question. Its really good to get opinions and feedback. I know I appreciated your build thread these last seven to eight months. Its good to give back to the community with what you can. Thanks for that.
I only just recently discovered the samberg setup and of course! Lol thought it would be amazing, but I honestly did not budget for something like this. Im pretty stubborn though lol and just a really down to earth brain stormer for making things work or how I need them to, Ha. Its deffly “do-able”
here is a pick of Jason schmucks tucked radiator he sent me (installed) to.

Here is one with a custom intercooler, even setup to go above it and under rad support. It will likely have to be this way because of the hood clearance from that rad support.

Then you got this custom setup he did on a corvette (although Ill still have to run over the rad but under the support; as well as make it split for center hood latch support/mount) these are pretty much the requirements just thinking about it. Once measurements are taken I can manipulate the height of the rad to him for both optimal cooling capacity and intake clearance for that fresh cool air ram system. Its really exciting stuff!

It might even be advantageous to just ditch the center vertical latch mount with a plan BUT will cross that when we get closer.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 04-09-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:13 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

One of the main reasons I keep updating that build thread is to keep the information flowing. I know how much help those threads were for me. It seems like everyone now has moved to FB *rolls eyes*. I can't wait to see how you manage the intake setup. That custom one w/intercooler looks sick!
Old 05-19-2018, 07:22 AM

Ill be home in less than a month! Amd reveal the parts room! Lmao.

This month i grabbed a engine hoist, engine leveler, borla s type crate mufflers, and the fuel fittings to run from tank to engine... few more things on my list. Like electrical kit, paint, alternator to name a few.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to see you're well on your way!
Old 07-02-2018, 09:24 PM

Good to be home! The problem with nine months of swap parts is you really need to go back and check to see if you got ripped off! Lol. Its a blessing and a curse . Its nice I dont have to wait on parts being made, shipped, or depayed, but good heavens!
talk about feeling overwhelmed. Its cool, I stood around and started with setting up the garage and prepping for work space, and of course looking at goodies! Lol.

Still doing inventory and prep. I need some chain with hooks, and couple odd end stuff ill pick up at the ace later this week.

Quick Reply: The calm before the storm (v8 swap)