Euromeet 2019 - 20th Anniversary Back to Trento in Italy to celebrate 20 years of our S2000

Euromeet 2019: FAQ - ANY QUESTIONS?

Old 01-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Hi
Priority is given to the full event first then will consider opening a day ticket. Which country are you from?
Since the dutch registration is full, and have my own apartment in that region, i would be glad to join the event with a Day ticket too.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:39 AM

Ok, I understand. I am from Hungary.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:58 AM

Thank for all informations !
Old 01-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by yeelai123
Since the dutch registration is full, and have my own apartment in that region, i would be glad to join the event with a Day ticket too.
We are looking at this option, once we are clear on rooming.
There is also the restriction on number of cars, for reasons of safety and working with local authorities, police etc.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
We are looking at this option, once we are clear on rooming.
There is also the restriction on number of cars, for reasons of safety and working with local authorities, police etc.
thank you for your message.
I know you are trying your best to make this anniversary successful as previous years.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:40 PM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

A question for our friends in Germany

My route to Trento will take me near Stuttgart and Munich. I want to maybe visit the Porsche museum and Mercedes as I'm passing.

I have a French Crit'Air sticker on my S2000 but i think I need something to enter cities in Germany. Is this the same thing or do I need to have a German sticker too ?

I know I need a Vignette on the Autobahn in Austria which I picked up at a service station at the border last time.

Italy - do we need anything in your country too ?

After Euromeet we're going to Slovenia / Croatia too so will need to check them out.

My windscreen might get quite busy !

Danke
Merci
Grazie
Hvala vam

Andy
Old 01-20-2019, 04:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andy2000

My route to Trento will take me near Stuttgart and Munich. I want to maybe visit the Porsche museum and Mercedes as I'm passing.

I have a French Crit'Air sticker on my S2000 but i think I need something to enter cities in Germany. Is this the same thing or do I need to have a German sticker too ?

I know I need a Vignette on the Autobahn in Austria which I picked up at a service station at the border last time.

After Euromeet we're going to Slovenia / Croatia too so will need to check them out.

Danke
Merci
Grazie
Hvala vam

Andy
Andy,

You will find this website useful which details restrictive zones in western Europe (they also have a free app for your phone) :

https://www.green-zones.eu/en.html

The whole of Stuttgart conurbation as soon as you exit the autobahn is in scope plus the centre of Munich and Ulm amongst others, 90 euro fine for not having one. It's a similar process as to obtaining the French Crit'Air.

In Italy most historic centres (e.g. Verona, Siena, Lucca etc.) are ZTL zones which are restricted to residents and hotel guests (but only where the hotel has pre-registered your car with the local police). These are monitored by APNR-style cameras and punitive fines if you enter in an unauthorised vehicle. You need to keep a sharp (no pun intended!) eye out for the signs to avoid inadvertently straying down the wrong street. Usually there are car parks just outside the ZTL and short walk in, probably best option.

Can't help re Croatia I'm afraid.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:57 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks Gary
Glad the EU have got together and standardised it all to make it one sticker for everything so it's easy to travel across the continent.

Just read that website and am none the wiser.....

Last edited by andy2000; 01-20-2019 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably simple answer is stay out of the environmental zones in Germany! Reading up I don't think the blue badge is legally enforceable yet (but our German friends may have a better idea?), you'd probably get away with a green badge for now.
Our route through Germany is avoiding these areas

Don't think you need to worry about Austria as the badges only apply to trucks for now.

Must remember to affix my Crit'Air sticker before we leave...
Won't be long before these trips are a thing of the past at this rate.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by andy2000

Danke
Merci
Grazie
Hvala vam

Andy
In Croatia / Slovenia you can go wherewer you want with your car

As for the tolls...
Croatia: there are no Vignette, you just pay as you gou for the highway, other roads are free...
Slovenia: Vignette for highways

Quick Reply: Euromeet 2019: FAQ - ANY QUESTIONS?