Euromeet 2019 - 20th Anniversary Back to Trento in Italy to celebrate 20 years of our S2000

Il convoglio pre EUROMEET UK to Trento Italia - From Tue 30th April

Old 02-18-2019, 12:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ~viper~
Darren + Sharon. will be driving all the way with you
Cool.
Great to have you along.
S&S
Old 04-17-2019, 03:33 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

For the group travel through Austria a digital vignette can be applied to your registration.
So no sticker needed same price and valid for 10 days onwards. At this late stage you can only apply if you register as a company ( no Vat or company reg details needed) which is what I have done.
It can be dated to apply on the day you enter.
Link
https://www.asfinag.at/toll/vignette/digital-vignette/
It is also possible to pre pay for tolls via the same system.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:29 AM
Community Organizer

Hello Gary?
Um... Does anyone know who "Gary" is?
He has booked the Nancy hotel using my voucher - thanks - that's £20 more beer for us all.
And no - It's not Gary Collins!

Steve
Old 04-26-2019, 04:38 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a look at Dinner options for Nancy, there are about 4 restaurants near the hotel (the one at the hotel is closed on our evening), the best one looks like the one at the racecourse (just across the road) assume its open. Most of the website links on TripAdvisor don't work. Another option is called Cottage

There is a greater chose about a 2km walk away or in the centre, buts that too far to walk I think

I also noticed, being France, most of the info is not in English

Any thoughts

Colin
Old 04-26-2019, 05:56 AM

Default Dinner in Nancy

Hello, it’s Soggybottom’s wife, Fi. It is really hard finding a dining spot that hopefully suits everyone, isn’t it? We were urged - in fact pushed out of the door - into the city centre by our b&b host when we stayed near Nantes a few years ago and were so pleased we allowed ourselves to be persuaded. The city is stunning, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and there are loads of restaurants. I understand some folk may want to stay near the hotel but if anyone fancies a drive or taxi into the city centre, I guarantee they will be blown away by this beautiful city.

Last edited by Soggybottomboy; 04-26-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We're staying about 10 min walk from Place Stanislas in the centre of Nancy. Good bar for Belgium beer just off the square! Huge choice of restaurants.
Might be worth checking if you have a tram stop near your hotel as a quicker way into town.
The following users liked this post:
Soggybottomboy (04-27-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Community Organizer

Booking a restaurant in the evening is difficult as I don't know how many in our group will want to venture out and what food they will fancy to eat.
Rich and Debs have the Bregenz evening planned I think
Just let us know when we meet up if you have a restaurant in mind for Nancy.
Steve
Old 04-30-2019, 02:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a look at the Tram option, there is a stop very close to our hotel, and the trams seem to run until Midnight, but the website is a bit unclear. So as you say Steve, lets wait until later and decide who wants to do what
Old 04-30-2019, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there British people !

I'm located in Austria/Vorarlberg where Bregenz is the capital and you all are staying for the last night according to your plans.

So I wondered if I could join you at Friday in the morning in Bregenz and be part of your group during the final roadtrip day?
We would be two people in one S2000.

I think there wouldn't be any problems with booking because it's just the last day and we get to eat sth at the hotels in Italy in the evening anyways.

Thx for your feedback in advance !
Old 04-30-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ROI3UT
Hey there British people !

I'm located in Austria/Vorarlberg where Bregenz is the capital and you all are staying for the last night according to your plans.

So I wondered if I could join you at Friday in the morning in Bregenz and be part of your group during the final roadtrip day?
We would be two people in one S2000.

I think there wouldn't be any problems with booking because it's just the last day and we get to eat sth at the hotels in Italy in the evening anyways.

Thx for your feedback in advance !
Yes please join us. We will be leaving Brigenz at 09.00.

Quick Reply: Il convoglio pre EUROMEET UK to Trento Italia - From Tue 30th April