S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   European S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/european-s2000-owners-14/)
-   -   Bringing S2K back to France (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/european-s2000-owners-14/bringing-s2k-back-france-646695/)

Defjux 11-06-2008 04:19 PM

Bringing S2K back to France

I am moving back to France and plan on bringing the S with me.

What do I need to modify / change once I clear customs in France? Any estimate of the associated cost?

Had the car for more than 6 months in the US and will keep it for more than 12 months in France, so shouldn't have taxes to pay once it enters France.

Thanks for your inputs.

Siepel 11-07-2008 11:47 AM

Good luck!!

Please post your findings and experiences! From what I know France is not so 'eager' in letting in imported cars, but who knows maybe it will be different when you're taking it as 'moving goods' (in Holland that's the magic word!)

Take care,

Siepel

ZacKisBacK 01-15-2009 01:46 AM

I am planning to import an AP2 in France within this year so I took a few advices and here is what I can tell you:

You will not have to pay the taxes like custom fees (10%) neither TVA(19,6%) considering what you said.

You will more than probably need to change a rear light to put a fog light as required here.

You will have to find an CE approved seat belt, or you can just sew on a CE approved one that you can find on a crushed honda or something like that!

you don't have the thing that is suppose to wash the headlights(sorry for my poor english..) as required for every car that has Xenon headlight in Europe.But can be discussed with DRIRE

There is no E2 on the USDM front headlight, but this is something that can be discussed with the guy from the DRIRE, depends on him only, so you'd better be there to negociate those things.

Let me know what kind of issues you will face, I would be interested to know!

Thanks

benittobene 01-25-2009 11:32 AM

Well, AP2 have no CEE homologation. You must go to DRIRE for homologate it (like SVA). Honda France will give you a partial Certificate Of Comformity (for a AP1), but you need to pass some test (smog, magnetics emission tests , etc....). You must change your headlight and safety belt and change your fog light (for a CE approved model) The cost for tests(it's not free) is around 500

ZacKisBacK 01-26-2009 03:26 AM

Hi Bennitobene!!

Actually, that's my plan too! I would like to bring back an AP2 in France... I will update here!

benittobene 02-09-2009 12:26 PM

Hello Zack,

I had think this idea there some years : It's to hard and expensive in France.....

But if you want try : good louck! :-) I wish you will sucess...

ZacKisBacK 03-18-2009 10:14 AM

Hi Benittobene,

In fact, I would really love to give it a try, when I see the market in the US, I can only hope for the best!

And I would be one of the few AP2 :)

If anyone has some good inputs about the shipping or anything else, it would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

SRap1 04-12-2009 02:59 AM

i am also trying to bring my ap1 from the states over to spain this summer. i know i will need the rear fog light. get rid of my amber bulbs and the headlamp washers. but how are the laws for modifications over there i have the usual boltons. int/header/ex/and testpipe.