European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Disable Honda premium stupidity - headlamp washers

Old 09-26-2001, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Honda premium stupidity - headlamp washers

Sorry for the disturbance. Last week I pushed 3 times at the headlamp washer switch, how stupid of me. How stupid of Honda or those EU traffic regulations people sitting on their budds chatting endlessly about safety cars.

Even the sprinklers are not firing at the HID lamps as discussed on this forum before, but only to the top and the hood. I do wash my lamps ofter that the paint, so they are always clean.

What a STUPID location for a switch. Honda should fire that engineer who created that idea! The S2000 is built perfectly, but these nasty features annoyes me so much. Even there are worse cases outside in the world which should bother me a lot more. But in this case the answer is straightforward: I found the simple solution from nice pictures from Swisss2ki who posted pictures of Frankfurt IAA on the other threads.

Swisss2k: welcome and thank you very very much!

Removing the pink fuse from the fusebox is a lot easier that disconnecting the leads from the switch:

From page http://www.s2ki.ch/perso/swiss2ki/

Other nice pics and tips see: www.s2ki.ch
Old 09-26-2001, 10:57 PM

I have been caught out twice also, just after it was washed
Old 09-27-2001, 08:24 AM

I wonder what's under those black plastic things. I've switched mine off too, so now I have useless parts on my bumper. What about removing them?
Old 09-29-2001, 01:24 AM

This summer I was in the seaside way of an important Italian holiday city with a beutiful girl known from few days: the top down, the car just washed, the road crowd of shops and people, what could ruin that moment.............the headlamp washer switch .
Thank you Honda for these public good little showers!!!

Old 09-29-2001, 05:54 AM

Honda has given it carefull thought now and moved the headlight washer button to the dashboard on model year 2002

For those with 'big elbows' ... buy a model 2002 !!
Old 10-01-2001, 02:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlueScream
[B]Even the sprinklers are not firing at the HID lamps as discussed on this forum before, but only to the top and the hood.