European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Has driven on the Nurburgring?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has driven on the Nurburgring?

Hello Everyone,
I'm planning on visiting Germany the week of Oct. 10th - 17th for a work trip and I was wondering if anyone has driven on the Nurburgring?
I saw this link (http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/coming-from-america.php) which seemed like it had pretty good information but I wanted to see if anyone had any other experiences driving the The Ring.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin Cao
Old 09-27-2014, 01:03 AM

I have been numerous times, there is a reason they banned it for f1 racing. It is a dangerous track I recommend finding someone who will let you do a couple of ride along sessions with to at least get a feel for it. I was going almost every weekend until I totaled my s2k on it. Now I am in the process of rebuilding and setting up the car for when I go back. Get on grand turismo or forza and try and learn the track, of course you wont experience the elevation changes and g forces but at least you will have a idea of what type of turn is coming up and braking points. I plan on making a ride up there shortly with a friend to take his 5.0 rustang up there.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Undoubtably a dangerous track. I've been to Germany numerous times but have never had the opportunity to drive on the ring

If you try it out let us know how it goes!
Old 01-13-2015, 12:59 AM

So did you end up going? We drove four laps on the Nordschleife last August and it was a lot of fun. After the first lap they stopped the session as one biker had an accident. After that they did not allow bikers back on the track, only cars. After a 30-minute wait, we were allowed back on the track. I did two more laps and for the last lap my wife drove.

Since it was our first time, we pretty much stayed on the right side of the track to allow the faster, more experienced cars/drivers to take over. This track has lots of curves and elevation changes and although I watched lots of videos on Youtube and tried to memorize the track, once we got there I did not remember anything and it was all adrenaline.

I highly recommend going there. If you worry about your car getting in a crash, you can also rent all kinds of nice cars at the track and you can drive yourself, or a professional driver can drive.

A lot of professional photographers are taking pictures of these sessions and afterwards you can buy pictures from them of you and your car on the Ring.

One last tip: we bought the entry card in advance and we got it via mail which was really nice because as soon as we got to the Ring, we drove straight onto the track. You also get a nice sticker and a T-shirt in this package.

Originally Posted by lrgkevin
Hello Everyone,
I'm planning on visiting Germany the week of Oct. 10th - 17th for a work trip and I was wondering if anyone has driven on the Nurburgring?
I saw this link (http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/coming-from-america.php) which seemed like it had pretty good information but I wanted to see if anyone had any other experiences driving the The Ring.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin Cao
Old 01-25-2015, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Peti
So did you end up going? We drove four laps on the Nordschleife last August and it was a lot of fun. After the first lap they stopped the session as one biker had an accident. After that they did not allow bikers back on the track, only cars. After a 30-minute wait, we were allowed back on the track. I did two more laps and for the last lap my wife drove.

Since it was our first time, we pretty much stayed on the right side of the track to allow the faster, more experienced cars/drivers to take over. This track has lots of curves and elevation changes and although I watched lots of videos on Youtube and tried to memorize the track, once we got there I did not remember anything and it was all adrenaline.

I highly recommend going there. If you worry about your car getting in a crash, you can also rent all kinds of nice cars at the track and you can drive yourself, or a professional driver can drive.

A lot of professional photographers are taking pictures of these sessions and afterwards you can buy pictures from them of you and your car on the Ring.

One last tip: we bought the entry card in advance and we got it via mail which was really nice because as soon as we got to the Ring, we drove straight onto the track. You also get a nice sticker and a T-shirt in this package.

How much is it to rent one of those car ? Just to have an idea. It's a great track but I'm really too afraid to run it.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tipiak
Originally Posted by Peti' timestamp='1421143145' post='23466053

How much is it to rent one of those car ? Just to have an idea. It's a great track but I'm really too afraid to run it.
You can check here: http://www.nuerburgring-shop.de/fahr...ent-a-car.html For example 4 laps with a VW Golf GTI Performance costs 579 EUR.

There are also other rental companies there, you can check those as well.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I recommend you maybe take one of the "Ring Taxi's" on your visit. You will experience the Ring in a BMW driven by an experienced driver.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/drives...ring-taxi.html
Old 01-27-2015, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I recommend you maybe take one of the "Ring Taxi's" on your visit. You will experience the Ring in a BMW driven by an experienced driver.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/drives...ring-taxi.html
Although not all of them are experienced enough, but at least it is not your M5...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLdDciLMdv8
Old 01-28-2015, 06:23 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Definitely not Sabine Schmitz at the wheel. Lol !