S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   European S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/european-s2000-owners-14/)
-   -   Italia.. here i come (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/european-s2000-owners-14/italia-here-i-come-715738/)

Dj Elixur 07-16-2009 10:05 AM

Italia.. here i come

Ciao ciao~

I'm permanently relocating to northern Italy on the 27th of this month, and i have to figure out what to do with my 06 ap2. it's been with me for a looong time, over three years, and i am extremely unwilling to let it go, unless i can find one in Italy.

do you guys know where i can still find an 09 grand prix white ap2 new? does it exist?

"?", is the ap2 model there the 2.2 or 2.0? the websites say 2.0 and i'm a bit confused.. in the states we have the 2.2 and its redlines at 8, has more torque, and i'd like to keep the same motor if possible, otherwise i'd just, ship this one over..

please advise :)

kind regards,

w

deibit 07-18-2009 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dj Elixur,Jul 16 2009, 07:05 PM
do you guys know where i can still find an 09 grand prix white ap2 new? does it exist?

"?", is the ap2 model there the 2.2 or 2.0? the websites say 2.0 and i'm a bit confused.. in the states we have the 2.2 and its redlines at 8, has more torque, and i'd like to keep the same motor if possible, otherwise i'd just, ship this one over..

AP2 does not exist in Europe. Here we have only AP1s

Basically it's the same car you might find in he USA (exterior, interior, chasis, DBW, etc etc..) but with a F20C instead of a F22C (thats the kind of car we like over here) :)

MY09 in GPW does exist, but as a special limited (numbered) edition:

http://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2009...imate_edition/

Dj Elixur 07-20-2009 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by deibit,Jul 18 2009, 01:10 AM
AP2 does not exist in Europe. Here we have only AP1s

Basically it's the same car you might find in he USA (exterior, interior, chasis, DBW, etc etc..) but with a F20C instead of a F22C (thats the kind of car we like over here) :)

MY09 in GPW does exist, but as a special limited (numbered) edition:

http://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2009...imate_edition/

damnit! i knew it didn't exist. chit. hhmm. this could present a small problem. do you know if conversions are available, meaning, possibly have it ordered or motor switched out? yea, i know ap1 vs ap2, gone over this argument a thousand times, tested it, tried it, and yes, 9k redline is pretty sweet, however still prefer the little extra umph you get from the torque in the lower band.. sweet spot is easier to access in the canyons..

does anyone know offhand if it interferes with smog to import my ap2 over?

stocky 07-22-2009 11:24 PM

you can import and register ap2 to Europe.
In germany and Luxembourg its possible but not sure about Italy though.
Unless it has already been registered in germany and you buy it in germnay and then import it to Italy.

I think there is someone selling a GPW AP2 at the moment in germany

check www.mobile.de

oh and...better you import your S2000 as the Euro is high for you might be the cheaper way to drive an S2000 over here.

Especially since you owned the car more than 1 year not taxes or VAT to be paied :thumbup:

Dj Elixur 07-30-2009 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by stocky,Jul 22 2009, 11:24 PM
you can import and register ap2 to Europe.
In germany and Luxembourg its possible but not sure about Italy though.
Unless it has already been registered in germany and you buy it in germnay and then import it to Italy.

I think there is someone selling a GPW AP2 at the moment in germany

check www.mobile.de

oh and...better you import your S2000 as the Euro is high for you might be the cheaper way to drive an S2000 over here.

Especially since you owned the car more than 1 year not taxes or VAT to be paied :thumbup:

thanks stocky.

you the stocky that works with greg? 05 turbo? he keeps your racecar here in socal? :)

mmh, i see the 07 for sale.. very interesting.. how much are taxes/vat over there?

scusa, i know little of how the system works over there..

do you know of a good shipping company? im not sure of who to go with or what rates would be :T

Beppe 08-06-2009 11:48 AM

hi elixur,
to import a us car in italy is expensive but not impossible.

i can take information about that.

otherwise you can buy some my08 in italy , there are son on autoscout.it at very good price.

the vat in italy is 20% on the new cars , on the used you do not pay vat.

for any information you need do not esitate to contact me.

cheers
Beppe

stocky 08-24-2009 05:34 PM

Hi elixur,

like Beppe said, there is not tax on used cars here in Europe.

there is an annual tax but no onetime tax when you buy it.

You can rely on Beppe if you need any Italy specific help, he is from the Italian S2k club and a good guy.

Yes, my track car is with Greg (05turbos2k), do you know him ?!

Dj Elixur 09-04-2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by stocky,Aug 24 2009, 05:34 PM
Hi elixur,

like Beppe said, there is not tax on used cars here in Europe.

there is an annual tax but no onetime tax when you buy it.

You can rely on Beppe if you need any Italy specific help, he is from the Italian S2k club and a good guy.

Yes, my track car is with Greg (05turbos2k), do you know him ?!

haha yea, greg's a very good friend of mine, one of the few guys on s2ki that make me laugh;), we sometimes go snorkelling together with a few other s2k dudes in southern california. He's my underwater pal, and our friendship started with these words "lets go for a cyn run in malibu". and ever since then, it's been a good ride. He's told me about this crazy white s2k with the carbon fiber doors and the cage with around 1ok on the motor.. made me drool, as mine is still stock save some "braided steel lines" which do oh.. almost nothing ;) lol i rmbr when i had him behind me at the snake past the rockstore, *sigh* i miss them.

ill have to meet up with beppe while im here, we are about an hour and a half away i believe. how did you two meet?

how much is this annual tax?

beppe, do you ever come to carpi?

stocky 10-04-2009 09:32 PM

:tipwink:
Nice coincidence that you know Greg.

Its a small world you know ;)

Greg is a great guy! really!

Too bad Im always short on time when Im over there.

Missed some races already.

So are you already in italy?

where exactly are you and what will you be doing?

If you have a demo CD I may be able to get you spinnign in some clubs in Luxembourg!