European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Nurburgring Visit! Need help planning

Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car is booked. Suzuki stage 2. 1/2 day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds perfect. you should have a great time... just have fun and enjoy the track!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Only 2 weeks to wait to hit The Green Hell!!! See you there!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by staggie
Only 2 weeks to wait to hit The Green Hell!!! See you there!
Ooooo yeeeeaaahh! For sake of getting some rides in before I take the wheel, I'm starting to think I should have reserved the car for the last 1/2 of day though rather than the 1st half.

What do you think?
Just be slow and steady and then get a ride and then get a little more daring.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Even if you had some passengerlaps, you have to drive slow. The track is to complicated to go fast in your first rounds. But that doesn't matter, you'll like the experience! I have driven about 400 rounds now but there are always faster cars or drivers, i don't care, i want to keep my car and myself healthy to come home again.

When do you arrive? I'am there already at saturdaymorning/afternoon. On the day it's a race on the Nordschleife and when there is not to much to clean after the race it's Touristenfahrt 17pm till 19pm. Maybe we can meet then?!
Standard you have 6 laps in a half-day rent, count 1,5h drivingtime for that. When you rent the car from 8am till 12am you'll have time enough to have a passengerlap before you take the wheel. The only problem can be that the track closes a several times because of a accident. I don't know how that is arranged for your rentingtime? You have the possibility to rent all day?

Call me when you're arrived at the Ring, i'll see what we can do. There are also some friends of a good friend of mine who wants passengerlaps with me bur we arrange something.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:19 PM

True, the track is very complicated from what I can tell. I always drive/track with safety in mind first.

I arrive around 7pm Saturday night in Cologne and then drive down to the Dorint Hotel at the track that night so maybe we can meet the night before. I'll give you a ring.
http://www.dorint.com/en/conference-...quipment-eifel

I have the car rented for 8am to 1pm on Sunday still and will probably get to Rent4ring at 7:30. I haven't checked into a full day rental since I first booked for 1/2 day. I don't think I will be purchasing that unless the track gets closed after my first lap.

I'll try to get some passenger laps in before I give it a go.

Where is the area that you will be staying? How do I get there if my only mode of transportation is the Track car?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:21 AM

@Berny: You got 2 private pm of me.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:23 AM

Thank you so very much for the warm welcome, friendly conversation, showing around, and especially for 2 passenger laps in your very well handling S2000! You are very smooth, safe and good driver! You and Sonya and friends made the trip very rewarding for my girlfriend and I.

I forgot to mention that I saw ur car at the main gate earlier. We must have just missed u before and after your ring taxi ride

Thanks again
Let me know when u r in the states for holiday!
cheers
Ryan M Bernholtz
Old 07-30-2012, 02:48 AM

Walked right by that red s2k parked in the main lot, I was wondering if it was one of you!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by berny2435
Thank you so very much for the warm welcome, friendly conversation, showing around, and especially for 2 passenger laps in your very well handling S2000! You are very smooth, safe and good driver! You and Sonya and friends made the trip very rewarding for my girlfriend and I.

I forgot to mention that I saw ur car at the main gate earlier. We must have just missed u before and after your ring taxi ride

Thanks again
Let me know when u r in the states for holiday!
cheers
Ryan M Bernholtz
Hi Ryan

It was nice to meet you and your girlfriend! It was also a pleasure for me to give you some passengerlaps. I always like it to see that people are enjoying the ride!

When you saw my car in the morning, i was in the BMW Taxi office. You see it on the background.
But luckely we met eachother in the afternoon.

Did you went to Johny after dinner yesterdayevening? We arrived at home 11.45pm. It was a great weekend at the Ring!

You are welcome next time!

Maybe w'll visit the States one time, who knows.............

Enjoy your holiday in Europe!!!

See you.

Quick Reply: Nurburgring Visit! Need help planning