European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Vortech SC'd S2000 in the Netherlands!! Is it the first?

Old 10-01-2003, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I hav'nt seen it but next time I'm in the Newsagents I'll look out for it!

Just to let you all know my kit arrives today or tomorrow so I'll be starting the install soon.

PS. How do you post pictures on the forum?

Kevin
Old 10-01-2003, 09:49 AM

If u want i'll post them for u .
Pm me and i'll give u my e-mail , so u can sent me the pictures .
Old 10-01-2003, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kstokell
No I hav'nt seen it but next time I'm in the Newsagents I'll look out for it!

Just to let you all know my kit arrives today or tomorrow so I'll be starting the install soon.

PS. How do you post pictures on the forum?

Kevin

Kev,

You're a member and you can go to your photo album via the "start button" menu. It's pretty easy to post through that; you'll figure it out!

Happy Birthday!

Siepel
Old 10-03-2003, 02:23 AM

Well finally its arrived !!

It's just like Christmas when I was a kid. There I was anxiously peering out the window when this big white van arrived with my newest toy in the back.

Thanks to the help of Siepel you can see a pic of the big brown box (+/-30Kgs.).

Below is what it all looks like spread out on the dining table.

All I can do for now is look and check all the bits are there and get the "warranty" papers of to Vortech. Sadly I can't start the install until the weekend after next, as I have visitors from the UK and Australia over for the next few days and I promised them a ride in the S2000. I don't think they would be to pleased to find it of the road when they arrive.
I plan to take all the individual packages apart and post photos of all the contents over the next few days.
Also I've decided to take the car to my local Honda dealer to change the crankshaft drive pulley for me, it will save a lot of hassle getting the special tolls and stuff.

Till my next post

Kevin
Old 10-11-2003, 01:14 PM

Hi there I was the first one with the SC -Vortech Supercharger in the netherlands
I was in the magazine GTI

are you doing the installation yourself ??? because I have done mine also a couple of times
on off on off now it is just lying in the garage doing nothing but if you want to know anything
just ask me or if you need I also want to come over to help

BTW I have some stuff for sale for the S such as the real no fake Veilside Millennium front hood and bumper if anyone is interested let me know..

ow before I forget you need to have a tap to tap some draad in the oil pan and that isn't included with
the kit so if I can help you with something let me know oke

If I had known that you were looking for the Vortech SC Supercharger then I could have get you some
good deal because I have a few connections that ship those items for me
so if anyone is interested in a Supercharger make doesn't matter I can get you everything any car you can let me know thanks

Bomba
Old 10-12-2003, 12:25 AM

Hi Bomba,

I've read the article about your car in the magazine, I thought I might be the first but it looks like you beat me to it! The magazine did not say to much about what the car was like to drive with the SC, how was it? Have you had any problems, oil leaks etc.?
I'll PM you my home address if you want to come over and have a look/help feel free.
I'll be doing most of the work in the weekends, hoping to finish next weekend if all goes to plan.

I am doing the install myself, actually I started yesterday. So far I've got the new crankshaft pulley on and have removed the oil sump and all the old airbox and stuff. To-day I intend to start on the fuel system. The only problems I've had so far is that some of the bolts have been a little tight and I don't have the right socket size to take of the oil sensor so I can fit the SC oil feed splitter.

If you have any thing you can tell me that might I'd be very gratefully.

All the best Kevin
Old 10-15-2003, 02:16 AM

Here we go, here we go, here we gooooo!!!!

At last I
Old 10-15-2003, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You inspired me to have a beer too (although it is Wednesday evening 8:45pm)

*PRRRRRUT*!!

Siepel
Old 10-22-2003, 03:01 AM

Phase two of the install now completed !!!!

The last two weeks have been very busy, with both work and leisure demands at an all time high, however I've finally completed phase two of the installation.

Here is how it went:

After reading about other peoples oil leaks at the oil drain piont in the oil sump, I decided to get the joint welded rather than rely on the tapped hole in the thin aluminium casing (see pic).

Next I fitted the new fuel regulator, this was pretty straight forward.

Then I asembled the supporting brackets and pulleys two the SuperCharger and hung it over the engine ready for inastallation (I was on my own and it's quite heavy if you are trying to manouver it into place.

Here it is fitted, the ones who have done this will notice I left the dust cover on the original idler wheel so the whole thing did not seat on the engine correctly. Finally I descovered my error and removed it, and bingo everything went OK from there (it was in the manual I just overlooked it). I don't understand why Vortech did not make the steel spacer a few millemeters shorter then the dust cover and washer could be used.

Here is the intercooler out of its box.

And here it is in place (not the plumbing part).

Now the plumbing for the intercooler here are the bits.

And installed.

Next this funny little filter thing that goes on the secondary air pump (I think), It's hard to see and equally hard to tell where to put it from the manual.
It's right down the bottom of this pic under the orange tube:

Getting close to the end now, the air intake box was next.

At last the completion of phase two here is what it looks like.

The oil pan has been re-fitted and all the tubes reconnected (some of the vacuum hoses were a little confusing at first untill I realised you had to discard the little metal pipe thingmagig that was fitted as standard).
The last thig I did was fill up with oil (Castrol 5/40 fully synthetic) and antifreez (the say life long, never needs changing).

What's left to do you might ask?

Well tonight I will take it off the stands and top up the liquids to get the levels correct. Then there's the electronics still to do, and finally the new fuel pump in the back to fit (I've left that to last as at the moment my car is hard up against the back of the garage).

Next weekend is going to be ignition day and I'll let you know how I get on!!!!

I havnt gone in to details of the difficulties I've encountered during this project yet, as I want do deal with that at the end after it has all sunk in. But suffice to say I have managed to get through a substantial quantity of the old golden nectare (in the form of Heineken here in the Netherlands) which I think to be fair I will need to add to the total cost of the project.

That's it for now, as I say more to come later!!!

Kevin
Old 10-22-2003, 04:00 AM

Looking good!

Judging from the picture quality I reccon the beer consumption was still only moderate, but please let us in on cumulative consumption at the end of install. (almost make you wonder if Vortech shouldn't supply a box of beer with the supercharger kit)

I bet you can'twait to start revving, do keep on posting.

Quick Reply: Vortech SC'd S2000 in the Netherlands!! Is it the first?