Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Anyone interested in the Rear Fog Light for ap1's?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone interested in the Rear Fog Light for ap1's?

I know alot of you will say .. WHY? For me I want it just because I like it.. lol (this is a cosmetic mod that may be useful one day during the crazy thunderstorms we sometimes have here in FL )

So, I have found someone through s2ki.com in the UK that is willing to import a few (if anyone else is interested) into the US. Link to the post in the UK forum

He works at a Honda dealership over there and is trying his best to give a good deal. He can provide everything including the screws and switch (for approximately 286 shipped). ( I am only getting the rear fog light assembly as I will customize my own switch and can find screws for cheaper at the local hardware store.. this will cost about 190.00 shipped just for the switch and all the mounting harware minus the screws)

If you are interested I can send you the .pdf he sent me with the parts and part numbers.

DEADLINE is WEDNESDAY 2/14. Since I want to order it by then.

Thanks!
RJ

Here are a few pics for anyone who is interested.

The US bumper will require cutting. Thankfully Honda left an outline and mounting locations on the rear bumper so install should be as easy as cutting the rear bumper.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:42 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

I've never seen that mod before. It looks kind of good and in a small car a little more light always helps you be seen.

I'd be tempted however to improve on it and use a super bright led display with a switchable strobe component if I really setting it up for fog.

fltsfshr
Old 02-12-2007, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by fltsfshr,Feb 12 2007, 10:42 AM
I've never seen that mod before. It looks kind of good and in a small car a little more light always helps you be seen.

I'd be tempted however to improve on it and use a super bright led display with a switchable strobe component if I really setting it up for fog.

fltsfshr
According to people who have this in Europe.. this little light is BRIGHT. This is OEM Honda Factory equipment over there

let me know if you are interested..
Old 02-12-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been tempted to do this for a very long time, but just never went with it. Frank (Guedo512) did this mod last summer. Heres how his came.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...=rear+fog+light

Also a pic from another thread of how it looks. pretty damn bright.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 AM

roger u changed ur sn on here?

anywyas.. the ap2 in the link u provided is an aftermarket raybirg fog light.. in europe ap2's have the rear fog lamp replace the passenger side reverse light..

the one that i am getting will be a HONDA OEM piece for ap1's.. so it will fit perfect as long as i cut the hole out good.. lol .. but let me know by tomorrow if you are interested.. u could save some money on shipping if you get it with me..
Old 06-22-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am wondering what happened to this thread I am interested in doing this
Old 06-23-2017, 05:53 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

The low, bright rear fog light is easier to see than one higher mounted because fog is normally less thick at road level. North American drivers seem to switch their fog lights on the first time they activate the headlights on the evening they buy the car and never turn them off. Just so kool to cruise around with 4 front headlights. Rear fog lights are pretty much unknown on North American cars other than maybe some imports.

-- Chuck
Old 06-24-2017, 07:38 PM

Working towards mounting a SubiSpeed F1 unit on my AP1. Needed something since the 3rd brake light went adios with the K1 Laboratory Ducktail mounted. Going to fab it into the Alumacraft diffuser. All that's needed is some free time.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bzyrice
I know alot of you will say .. WHY? For me I want it just because I like it.. lol (this is a cosmetic mod that may be useful one day during the crazy thunderstorms we sometimes have here in FL )

So, I have found someone through s2ki.com in the UK that is willing to import a few (if anyone else is interested) into the US. Link to the post in the UK forum

He works at a Honda dealership over there and is trying his best to give a good deal. He can provide everything including the screws and switch (for approximately 286 shipped). ( I am only getting the rear fog light assembly as I will customize my own switch and can find screws for cheaper at the local hardware store.. this will cost about 190.00 shipped just for the switch and all the mounting harware minus the screws)

If you are interested I can send you the .pdf he sent me with the parts and part numbers.

DEADLINE is WEDNESDAY 2/14. Since I want to order it by then.

Thanks!
RJ

Here are a few pics for anyone who is interested.

The US bumper will require cutting. Thankfully Honda left an outline and mounting locations on the rear bumper so install should be as easy as cutting the rear bumper.
can we buy this?