Feb. 25th S2000/NSX Swap Meet & Lunch *Details*

Old 01-21-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feb. 25th S2000/NSX Swap Meet & Lunch *Details*

Universal City Walk meet
Old 01-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

PayPal payment sent
Can't wait till hundreds of people put there fingers and dirty kid hand prints all over my car
Old 01-21-2007, 07:37 PM

I guess, being the 22nd person down on the s2k list, I don't have much chance.

Oh well, I might still swing by.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Check is in the mail.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2000,Jan 21 2007, 11:37 PM
I guess, being the 22nd person down on the s2k list, I don't have much chance.

Oh well, I might still swing by.
Have much chance of what???

Do you not understand, or did I not make it clear enough...

Just because you are not in the first 12, does not mean you are not invited or shouldn't attend! You will just park in the parking garage, until everyone joins you after lunch. You can still be involved in all activities and socialization, including lunch, and networking with other owners.

Is not being front and center in City Walk reason enough not to attend?

This is a social gathering, and like I stated, everyone will be in the garage, with their cars, after lunch.

Also, the restaraunt is exclusively reserved by First Class Automotive for this event - the entire restaraunt is ours!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by caputo,Jan 21 2007, 08:55 PM
Have much chance of what???

Do you not understand, or did I not make it clear enough...

Just because you are not in the first 12, does not mean you are not invited or shouldn't attend! You will just park in the parking garage, until everyone joins you after lunch. You can still be involved in all activities and socialization, including lunch, and networking with other owners.

Is not being front and center in City Walk reason enough not to attend?

This is a social gathering, and like I stated, everyone will be in the garage, with their cars, after lunch.
I realize what you said. I guess the part that wasn't clear to me was the payment. I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but paying $26 to park in the parking garage seems a bit excessive to me.

It's not about being front and center. It's simply a question of what I'm paying for. CityWalk has no admission fee, so i don't know how that got figured into the cost. Parking is what, $10? Lunch there usually costs $10-ish. There's always parking security in the garages. So I'm just wondering what's the difference if I just roll up on my own, pay the parking attendant the regular parking fee, then walk up to the restaurant? Ok, so I might not get to park with you all in the garage either. But since it's not about being front and center, then what does it matter?

And if the event ends goes from 11am-4pm, the garage doesn't sound like it'll play much of a role. If you all get there at 11, lunch probably won't happen until around noon. It's a buffet and it'll be fairly crowded, so expect conservatively to spend at least an hour for everyone to eat. Then after meal chit-chat will probably take 30 minutes. Then getting everything packed up and moved to the garage...another 30 minutes. So now it's already 2 in the afternoon, maybe later. If we all have to leave at the same time (it was never made clear whether you just have to be off the actual CityWalk grounds, or if we lose any kind of "reserved" spot in the garage as well) at 4pm, it wouldn't make all that much sense to make elaborate arrangements and pay extra to park in the garage with the group.

Another thing that has me curious is the swap meet portion. Is Universal Studios completely ok with unlicensed transactions taking place on their property? I'm not trying to throw a wrench in your plans, I'm just curious to know more about the setup of the event. I guess I'm just so used to be on the planning side of events I attend that I get weird vibes from being at the mercy of another event coordinator, even if it is someone I completely trust, such as Warren and Oster.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh. That's not how I mean to sound at all. I just can't think of a better wording for my thoughts at the moment. Warren, if you want to discuss it over the phone or whatever and keep it off the boards, I think you have my number. If not, let me know and I'll PM it to you. I still want to go to the event, it's just the logistics of it all that has me a bit thrown.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:31 AM

I realize what you said. I guess the part that wasn't clear to me was the payment. I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but paying $26 to park in the parking garage seems a bit excessive to me.
Let me only reply to this part of your post.

$11 parking
$10+ food (to be on the low side of any menu in City Walk)
$1.75 beverage
$.30 tax
$2.00 tip
$25.05 subtotal (NOT including paid security and any possible insurance fees)

As for the rest of your post...
Old 01-22-2007, 09:34 AM

Scott2000,

You have asked a very valid question. What is your money going to. I'm Oster the Main Organizer for the Event. Caputo, Primogen, Wille Gee are helping out, I'm hoping to have Zdave87 work with us also.
The money is going to:

$17.00 buffet served 11a until 3p or 4p. included are tax and tip and non alcoholic beverages.

$6 parking, instead of the $11. This will be on the ground floor, and security that we pay for, out of the $26 by chk, or $27 by paypal per person. Not per car.

$3 incidental fee, to help cover the cost of (Security), (raffle tickets), (3x5 cards) for everyone to put their Name, and parts to swap and contact info to swap parts, (Car Stickers), a (Master List of Everyone present, will be printed for you Name, Email, and/or ph # to contact) as this list, after completion will be emailed to everyone to use as a referral in case someone provides a service that you might need. Such as we used in for this event at Universal City Walk.
I have personally used a number of customers as people to complete different services thru. And they inturn have also used each other. I am also networking with some other customers on this Universal City Project.
Of course this networking info is VOLUNTARY!

$1 Paypal fee per person, if paying by paypal.

So we have

$17 buffet
$6 parking
$3 incidental fee
Total $26 per person

Or $27 per person if paying by Paypal.

Whatever left over funds will go to Mending Heart Charities.

Now that you know what the funds are going for, I hope to see you there Thank you for having me Thouroughly Clarify that issue! The more the merrier.

p.s. Last thing, If we get to park inside, everyone parked inside, will have to move to the Reserved Parking garage at the end of the event inside the City Jazz to qulify for the Raffle Giveaways. We have a number of good things lined up. Be there to find out what

Oster
Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 AM

I can't make this, not to mention the car will be down. Sorry
Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 AM

were in

Quick Reply: Feb. 25th S2000/NSX Swap Meet & Lunch *Details*