Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Is there a target on my car?

Old 03-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a target on my car?

As many of you know, I'm an advertising director for a furniture company and the hats I wear are many; that is I am a one man band. Doyle Haynes, the company founder, asked me to personally go to a sign shop to put a little heat on them. They've been making empty promises to us for weeks.

I drive over and the parking lot is full. I ask the warehouse manager if it is OK to park my car on the outside of the gate.
He says, "No problem."
"Will my car be safe there?" I ask.
"Yes, don't worry about it."

The meeting starts, the usual BS.

Knock on the door.
"Who owns that silver sports car?"
"I do."
"Well, I just backed into it."

WTF! The bimbo hit me between the door and the rear quarter panel. The most $$$ place to back into a car. It's not awful, no frame damage or anything close but it's bad. I call my best bodyshop first thing. He assures me that the car will be ready in time for the Grand Prix. Thank god for that.

1st mistake:

I call the police to get a police report. I mean this woman is totally a fault right? She backed into me after all. She's apologizing, I'm telling her accidents happen, and that she didn't mean it. I'm as cool as a cucumber.

The cop shows up. First thing she says, "You are illegally parked." To me!
"Well, she backed out and hit me."
"Doesn't matter."
"Excuse me? Are you telling me it's legal to back into parked cars?"
"When they are illegally parked, it's not Illegal

Then the bimbo pipes in, "That car is too low, I couldn't even see it."

I am no longer a cucumber.

I turn to bimbo, "Listen you F-ing bitch, You need to look before you back up... what if it was a kid?!"

I am about to go Nadia on her ass, when i realize that i am in the presence of a Police officer.

"Do you want to file a police report?" the cop taps her pen.
I think about it. I've got an outstanding speeding ticket.
"No."

FOCK!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:26 AM

That stinks.

Female cop! Siding with Female and probably doesn't care about cars!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:29 AM

yo that sux...i guess ill think twice about where i park my s...hope it doesnt cost too much to repair and and hope its ready for the gp...
Old 03-01-2006, 11:38 AM

they were both dykes!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:46 AM

Put the heat on the Sign shop. THEY told you it was ok to park there.
SO there for it is not illegal since they gave you permission.

Cops can be pricks. I know.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:53 AM

Bill, sorry to hear about your luck...

This doesn't affect your plans for this weekend does it?

-Matt

AND, I found out that I AM NOT in the GP after all... still alternate number 1, though...

So, here's to hoping you'll get it fixed before the race... (crosses fingers) LOL
Old 03-01-2006, 12:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry about your car! Hope you can still make it out this weekend.

When I was 16 someone ran into my car in a parking lot. I came out to find a big dent in my car. Not knowing what to do I drove home and my parents said we should call the cops and report it. The cop came out, said there was nothing they could do, but that he was going to arrest me for a hit and run, even though I was nowhere near the car when it was hit and I certainly wasn't trying to get away. My dad, who was IRATE at this point, is one of those guys that you really don't want to piss off. He told me to go inside and somehow convinced the cop that he should just leave.

Two years later, same situation, someone hits my car in the parking lot. I immediately call the cops. They come out, tell me there's nothing they can do about the car, but they are taking my driver's lisence b/c it was cracked. Nothing terrible, but I had to go buy a new one and certainly didn't help the situation at all.

It's such a shame, but it sure seems like cops do nothing but try to screw the victim over just a little more than they're already screwed. Next time, no cops for me. I'll just deal with my own problems, thank you!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by scottrunsxc,Mar 1 2006, 04:18 PM
Sorry about your car! Hope you can still make it out this weekend.

When I was 16 someone ran into my car in a parking lot. I came out to find a big dent in my car. Not knowing what to do I drove home and my parents said we should call the cops and report it. The cop came out, said there was nothing they could do, but that he was going to arrest me for a hit and run, even though I was nowhere near the car when it was hit and I certainly wasn't trying to get away. My dad, who was IRATE at this point, is one of those guys that you really don't want to piss off. He told me to go inside and somehow convinced the cop that he should just leave.

Two years later, same situation, someone hits my car in the parking lot. I immediately call the cops. They come out, tell me there's nothing they can do about the car, but they are taking my driver's lisence b/c it was cracked. Nothing terrible, but I had to go buy a new one and certainly didn't help the situation at all.

It's such a shame, but it sure seems like cops do nothing but try to screw the victim over just a little more than they're already screwed. Next time, no cops for me. I'll just deal with my own problems, thank you!
Amen.

The cops probably made it worse for me. I'm going to send the bimbo a letter asking for half my deductable. When she refuses, I'll take her to court for the whole enchilada.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't yet ... go back and take pictures ... A LOT OF THEM. Get every angle and every detail including shadows, drive patterns, and any other vehicles or obstructions that could have decreased visibility (with either your ability to see dangerous identifiers OR her restriction of sight)

Now a few questions:
1) is it private property (owned by the person who conceded permission)?

2) if it is a municipally maintained area, was it properly and adequately signed? (Pictures)

3) is the other driver under any kind of restrictions or have a questionable driving history? (Not just on the DMV records, but any insurance or judicial situation concerning her culpability)

PM me for more details/info if you want. Or, call me if you still have my cell number.

EDIT: In case anyone else reads this and goes "what the f#@&". No ... I'm not a monster or attorney ... they pale by comparison. heh heh
Old 03-01-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dumb bimbo's

ive had numerous people almost hit me.. trying to change lanes into me mostly..

i think its a sign i need to peel the vynyl off my A pillar.. lol..

all blacked out top makes it invisible i guess.

Quick Reply: Is there a target on my car?