Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Thoughts on the Inlinepro kit?

Old 03-21-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on the Inlinepro kit?

Well i was all set to get the Lovefab kit until I saw the special buy on the inlinepro kit. I know lovefab has a better manifold design, but the inlinepro kit is $2k less right now.

Anyone have any thoughts on it? My hp goal is ~400. If I went w/ the inlinepro kit i'd run their 3mm head gasket. The cool thing is I could order this kit now, rather than waiting 'til all my parts sell.

I don't want to do anything half-assed, and can wait for the lovefab kit if needed, but is it really $2k better?

Thanks,
JC

ps I'm asking here rather than the FI forum 'cause I know and trust the opinions here more
Old 03-22-2006, 03:22 AM

It's all in the qualtiy of parts. Besides tha maniflod, Cody sends you a killer turbo, Tial gate and BOV, and a persion IC. But with the Inline you also get some nice charge piping, something lacking on the Lovefab kit.

Also the installation is a lot differant. I'm not a fan of where they routed the charge piping. I'm not saying it's a bad design, I', just not a fan of how it looks.

Both kits are good, but I have to give the nod to Lovefab just because of the parts supplied.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:07 AM

Thanks Brian. I agree w/ everything you've said. Just trying to decide if Lovefab kit is $2000 better.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:12 AM

I know for sure both kits are good. Some people are not a fan of the cast iron manifold. If you want 400 with the inline pro kit you will need bigger injectors. With the inline pro kit all they did was change the the needles and the clips. I still have the stock injector housings.
Both kits are quite capable with HP numbers. When my motor died it was not from the kit. I ran to big of oil lines for a relocating filter kit and that was it for me. The inline pro kit comes with a turbo that will support 600 hp with proper tuning and with the proper parts to achive that. Like I say again, with proper tuning and parts.
You will need an engine managment system. New clutch if you have not all ready changed yours. I have a competition clutch, 4 puck iron disc. Only chatter I get is when I back up. Mine felt just like the stock. Wierd but it did feel that way to me.

As far as the charge piping that Brian was talking about I will post a pic so it will show you what he is talking about. Welds can be a weak link which I don't have a lot in my piping and none in the manifold.
As I tell anyone, it is your money and you spend it how you want it. If you talk with inline pro, ask for Stan, or John. John is the owner and will answer all questions. Stan is very helpful but since he works the sales end, and he is still knowledgeable on this kit he will refer you to John.
Here are a couple of pics.

Close up of the manifold.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Jeff
Old 03-22-2006, 05:40 AM

Thanks Jeff, I completely forgot you had this kit. I'm really, really tempted to pull the trigger on this kit. I'm going to talk w/ somebody over at inline today. Anything you really don't like about the kit? Or would consider for an immediate upgrade?

I think i have the supporting stuff covered. Clutch has been done and i've got rc750's + AEM EMS sitting in my living room waiting to be installed. I'll be running a headgasket and probably arp studs.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by j_c_a,Mar 22 2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks Jeff, I completely forgot you had this kit.
Thats ok,
Its not like I drive an S to any meets these days. Hopefully soon.

I really like the kit. Since you and everyone, since I posted a thread a while back know what is going into my car, I should be putting down some good reliable and repeating numbers.

It is all up to you. Brian and myself do not get kickbacks so it is where you want to spend those hard earned dollars.
Ask for John as I stated above. You will probably talk with Stan. I know both of them and they are good.

Good luck and at least you have all the other stuff. Let them know what you have so you don't buy stuff you don't have to.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by j_c_a,Mar 22 2006, 09:40 AM
i've got rc750's
Those are wayyyy to big, you should trade me for my 650

Serioulsy though, both kits are good. Don't let people talk you into either one (not so much here but up in the FI section it's lovefab or nothing seems like). The good thing is that since you have the EMS the install will be easier on the Inline than if you didn't. You won't have to relocate the air pump, you can just ditch it.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:36 AM

Thanks Brian. That's why i asked here rather than in FI. I put a lot more stock in what people say when I've actually talked to them in person, seen 'em at meets, etc.

I talked w/ Jeremy at inline a little while ago. I'll be calling back to talk w/ John about some specifics. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this kit, but will sleep on it before making a decision.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:46 AM

Another related question. A boost solenoid is used to allow your engine management to release exhaust gas electronically rather than just relying on a mechanical wastegate correct? Are you guys using the GM boost solenoid? and if so, would you recomment it? And where'd you get it?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:50 AM

I know Brian has that. He can help you with that.
Im using the Turbosmart wastegate. Comes with the kit.

After I let Brian tune the car I sure there will be some changes.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the Inlinepro kit?