Florida For Sale Members Only!
Mark this thread as Unsold

AP1 Engine Rebuild "Kit" Build It Your Way!

Old 08-01-2018, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP1 Engine Rebuild "Kit" Build It Your Way!

Great opportunity to rebuild a re-sleeved 2003 AP1 with only 13,300 miles on cylinders. Includes professionally rebuilt cylinder head (Mayor's Head & Block, Miami) using Ferrea racing components ...Competition Plus valves, dual coil springs & titanium retainers with ZERO miles on assembly. Never been installed.

The block itself has 103,400 miles along with assembled oil pump, timing chain assembly, water pump, vtec and pullys...all of which I never had a problem with over 8 yrs. Also includes crank in great shape. Was polished and balanced at
90,100 miles and new main bearing installed then too. The Ferrea components in cylinder head only have 13,300 miles with a few replacement parts . These components were used in this very motor when it was re-sleeved/rebuilt. The cylinder head itself was from a spare undamaged used one I bought to have just in case.. The rocker arms are original except for one. Also includes Ballade HD TCT with only 1,500 mi.. I have original working TCT as well.

This engine was in my 03 which I've owned for 11 yrs now. Full synthetic oil changes every 3-4,000 miles. Those weak oem valve spring retainers started my problems and a spun piston connecting rod ended it 4 yrs ago. As it so happened I lucked into a low mileage 05 AP2 long block being parted out and dropped it in mine (still under 50 k mi today). So, I had a bare cylinder head rebuilt & saving parts for the right time to sell, NOW.

The cylinders are very smooth, no nicks or scratches (bored to stock specs) So is the crank, nice and shiny. The same goes for the cam assembly, perfect. I am looking to sell as a package which will include engine stand and 1/2 ton shop crane if you need. Also an original 00-03 service manual as a PDF file. And, your choice; oem cylinder head bolts or ARP Head Stud Kit, only used once or twice. Also Have oem clutch plate 13,000 mi and AP2 flywheel 33,700 mi.

Located in W. Broward Cnty, Pembroke Pines. Pick-up only..

Price $ 1,600 cash. Essentially a complete Long Block. SOLD. However still have Ballade TCT, oem head bolts, vtec spool, clutch assy & flywheel, engine hoist & engine stand. See my post in Sout Florida forum.

Last edited by S000M; 11-05-2018 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Update items SOLD