Florida For Sale Members Only!
Mark this thread as Unsold

PuddyMod list of available products

Old 04-07-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546,Apr 7 2008, 12:30 AM
hey puddy can you pm a price for
PuddyMod housing, PuddyMod custom solid steel sleeve distance collar, PuddyMod precision assembly, SubZero cryogenics service, Polished ring and Pinion gears, 3.90 gears, Bearings, seals, shim, and hardware,
and also if i want driveshaft axles?
Sending PM
Old 04-09-2008, 06:24 PM

Blueprinted PuddyMod 4.3 with Cusco 1.5 LSD

Truing up the New Cusco 1.5 LSD, The LSD was out of round by 1.8 thousands. Robby and I loosened everything in the LSD then set it up in the PuddyMod housing. The Cusco LSD now runs at 6/10 of a thousands true.

De burring and taking out all imperfections in the gears.

Truing the ring gear, The ring gear runs out now at just under a half thousands round

Setting the pinion with the PuddyMod solid steel sleeve

The pinion flange is torque down to 160 foot pounds, turning torque is set at 12 inch pounds

Backlash is set at 3.2 thousands measurements were taken at 4 places on the gear and the difference is less than a half thousands out.

The pattern, it is dead on right down the center of the gear, the gears run smooth as can be.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to be buying the PuddyMod built diff... to work in conjunction with my new FI setup. I have a perfect condition AP1 diff with 31k miles on it as a core or that you could build for me. I want this diff to be strong enough to handle 500whp and the occasional launch... I will be street/track driving the car and am curious what the difference between 1.5 and 2.0 LSD would make on a street car? I dont know much when it comes to diffs so you will have to tell me the best setup for my application. PM me a price or post in this thread what you think is best for me and how much it will cost. Thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by SPECIAL-OPS-S2K,Apr 13 2008, 01:05 PM
I'm going to be buying the PuddyMod built diff... to work in conjunction with my new FI setup. I have a perfect condition AP1 diff with 31k miles on it as a core or that you could build for me. I want this diff to be strong enough to handle 500whp and the occasional launch... I will be street/track driving the car and am curious what the difference between 1.5 and 2.0 LSD would make on a street car? I dont know much when it comes to diffs so you will have to tell me the best setup for my application. PM me a price or post in this thread what you think is best for me and how much it will cost. Thanks
Yes, I can use your good core AP1 diff as the base of your build

The difference between the 1.5 and 2.0 LSD is....The 2.0 turns both rear wheels at the same speed all the time, LIKE A SPOOL REAR. When going through a turn with a 2.0 the inside wheel will try to keep up with the outside wheel causing a hopping sensation. This type of LSD is not very street friendly.
The 1.5 LSD will allow the inside wheel to slow down going through a turn by slipping the clutch plates inside the LSD. The inside wheel still gets power but, it is more controlled.

The stock torque sensing LSD is a none clutch type. It is a very good unit but, if a wheel leaves the ground it will unlock and the rear wheels will free spin. As long as the two rear wheels have adequate contact with the ground the stock LSD will work flawlessly.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:56 PM

I built a Comptech style reinforced rear with 3.91 gears for a client who had to canceled there order The rear is a new build with a PuddyMod solid steel sleeve also installed. The entire differential has been cryogenically thermo cycled for greater strength and durability. The unit has New LSD bearings, New pinion bearings, New seals, New 10.9 hardware, clean used 3.91 gears, and a used OEM low mile LSD.
The rear is setup for an AP1 car 200 to 2003. It is new and has never been ran

The cost of this rear to build was $2,570 I can let it go for
Old 04-16-2008, 03:38 PM

2 New PuddyMod rear housings being built this week
Lots of grear gear choices in stock
Old 04-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWESOME! I want this diff to be mine!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:10 PM

Just got in from doing the 3rd and final heat cycle The rear runs out very nice and pulls strong. After she is warmed up the Cusco LSD is quiet like OEM.
Next comes a half hour of figure eights in the Publx parking lot, to properly break in the new LSD.
This should be fun explaining to law enforcement what I am doing
Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KPUDDYDAD,Apr 17 2008, 08:10 PM
Just got in from doing the 3rd and final heat cycle The rear runs out very nice and pulls strong. After she is warmed up the Cusco LSD is quiet like OEM.
Next comes a half hour of figure eights in the Publx parking lot, to properly break in the new LSD.
This should be fun explaining to law enforcement what I am doing
don't forget the video camera!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sarek,Apr 18 2008, 01:06 AM
don't forget the video camera!
Your funny I still type with one finger I will try to find a savvy camera person to take and down/up??? load a video

This is my second clutch type LSD I have ran in this car and I must say, if I go back to a stock torque type it will kind of suck
This car steps to the next level of fun and performance with the clutch type 1.5 LSD, in my opinion it is the perfect fit to this car

Quick Reply: PuddyMod list of available products