S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Gateway S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/gateway-s2000-owners-80/)
-   -   Just bought another AP2 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/gateway-s2000-owners-80/just-bought-another-ap2-1190968/)

hyedracyl 01-11-2019 08:24 PM

Just bought another AP2

It's been a while since I owned an S2K, but there's another one in the garage now.

It's been in a collision or two during its life, but it shows no evidence of having ever being on a frame machine. The body damage was recently cleared up, and the benefit of that was it received (2) new AP2 headlights (which were something like $634/each), a new Honda windshield (another approximately $650) and a new front fascia (also not cheap). It will require a great deal of TLC, but the bones of the car are good, and I can see it ultimately reaching up to a 9/10 status once I've been through it aesthetically.

I'd rather have not wrecked the two previous cars, but that's the way it goes I suppose. The AP2 that I bought new way back in 2006 has been gone for nearly ten years now. I still have the Comptech supercharger that was on the AP1, but I'm not sure about mounting that to an AP2 with 91K miles on the odometer. It should make a really nice driver (in the end) to say the least. I think that I'll keep my Miata for race track work since it's already setup for that type of activity. I guess that means that the BRZ is now the odd man out and that will need to be liquidated to keep the overall car inventory down.

Most of the people that I remember from the S2K group in STL are long gone at this point, but if we're still doing monthly meetings for pizza, I suppose that you'll be seeing me once again soon.

Greg Hagopian

8BALL 01-13-2019 09:21 AM

Congrats on your purchase, Greg. We still do meet for Pizza the 3rd Thursday of every month

hyedracyl 01-20-2019 08:44 PM

I'm sure you'll see me pretty soon Mike. Given the weather though, I suspect that I'll have plenty of time to un-pimp my ride and then clean it up good by the time that you get a chance to see it.

So far I've removed the subwoofer, dynamat, shift knob and unpainted front spoiler. I cleaned the inside up pretty good today while the football games were on and swapped the drivers/passenger seat bottoms. That should extend the life of the seats for some time to come. Looks better, but I'm still tempted to go retrieve a passengers seat that's located in Ashville, NC. It looks perfect, but it's pricey too. I cleaned the carpets up a bit and prepared for the arrival of a new set of extended floor mats that should arrive soon.

A number of lingering issues persist from the stereo installation that Best Buy performed on the car. Those included a 12V power outlet that was no longer attached to the console. I bought a new sleeve from the Honda dealer for a few bucks and was able to get that installed today. The outlet is now secure once again. I also replaced some push pins that Best Buy broke the heads on while I was at it. Some of the radio controls on the dash still function with the aftermarket radio, just not all of them.

I installed a Modifry console organizer that I still had on hand and mounted the extended wind deflector that I found in my parts bin. I found a spare owners manual there as well, so now I have one of those in the car. I ordered a quick start guide off of ebay, but I'm still in search of an original warranty booklet. I think that I still have the window sticker from my AP2. It may not have the right VIN on it, but it does have all of the pertinent information about the car on it at least.

The car came with zero remotes, so I bought a couple of NOS ones on ebay so now I have keyless entry once again. I haven't pulled the spark plugs out of the motor yet, but I'll do that for compression test reasons and to replace the plugs themselves. I still have to clean the K&N filter in the factory airbox though. Someone started to take out the wall that separates the air entry port and the air filter location at some point in the past. It wasn't a clean job, so I will have to decide if I want to go in and remove the rest of the material that they didn't.

The front license plate bracket has been removed, but I had to re-order the hole plugs since I bought the wrong color to fill the OEM holes (doh!). Lots of stuff left to clean up, repair or replace of course, but I'll get there eventually. In the end, I think that it will end up being a nice clean car to use as a driver. Too nice for track use though. Looks like the BRZ is going to have to find a new home...

Greg

Hondassport 01-21-2019 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by hyedracyl (Post 24553257)
It's been a while since I owned an S2K, but there's another one in the garage now.

It's been in a collision or two during its life, but it shows no evidence of having ever being on a frame machine. The body damage was recently cleared up, and the benefit of that was it received (2) new AP2 headlights (which were something like $634/each), a new Honda windshield (another approximately $650) and a new front fascia (also not cheap). It will require a great deal of TLC, but the bones of the car are good, and I can see it ultimately reaching up to a 9/10 status once I've been through it aesthetically.

I'd rather have not wrecked the two previous cars, but that's the way it goes I suppose. The AP2 that I bought new way back in 2006 has been gone for nearly ten years now. I still have the Comptech supercharger that was on the AP1, but I'm not sure about mounting that to an AP2 with 91K miles on the odometer. It should make a really nice driver (in the end) to say the least. I think that I'll keep my Miata for race track work since it's already setup for that type of activity. I guess that means that the BRZ is now the odd man out and that will need to be liquidated to keep the overall car inventory down.

Most of the people that I remember from the S2K group in STL are long gone at this point, but if we're still doing monthly meetings for pizza, I suppose that you'll be seeing me once again soon.

Greg Hagopian

Hi Greg
Trying to remember,did you live off of upper bottom road? Either way nice to hear from you again....Pete

hyedracyl 01-21-2019 03:03 PM

Hi Pete.

The short answer is sort of. I live off of Towers Rd between Kisker and Caulks Hill. I drive up and down Upper Bottom road daily on my way up to 364. Not sure how long I'll be around full time though. I'm building a house down in FL near my parents so that my son John (4 pushing 5 years old) can grow up knowing at least one set of his Grandparents very well. Egle's parents still live in Lithuania, so we don't see them regularly.

John's enrolled for the fall in kindergarten down in FL, so they'll be moving down there this summer for sure. I'll follow later most likely - unless I can work out some kind of a deal where I can work from home (while in FL) at some point this year. I sold my duplex about a year and a half ago, so I only have my original house at this point.

The new house will have a large workshop for my father and I to use. It's going to be 55x40, with a 12ft ceiling so that I can put a two post lift in there for convenience purposes. My dad is 80 at this point, and he's still working on his E-Type and racing it. Climbing up and down to get under a car at his age is probably a total PITA. I know I don't enjoy it and I'm only 56.

Greg