Just bought another AP2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Just bought another AP2

Old 01-11-2019, 09:24 PM

Default Just bought another AP2

It's been a while since I owned an S2K, but there's another one in the garage now.

It's been in a collision or two during its life, but it shows no evidence of having ever being on a frame machine. The body damage was recently cleared up, and the benefit of that was it received (2) new AP2 headlights (which were something like $634/each), a new Honda windshield (another approximately $650) and a new front fascia (also not cheap). It will require a great deal of TLC, but the bones of the car are good, and I can see it ultimately reaching up to a 9/10 status once I've been through it aesthetically.

I'd rather have not wrecked the two previous cars, but that's the way it goes I suppose. The AP2 that I bought new way back in 2006 has been gone for nearly ten years now. I still have the Comptech supercharger that was on the AP1, but I'm not sure about mounting that to an AP2 with 91K miles on the odometer. It should make a really nice driver (in the end) to say the least. I think that I'll keep my Miata for race track work since it's already setup for that type of activity. I guess that means that the BRZ is now the odd man out and that will need to be liquidated to keep the overall car inventory down.

Most of the people that I remember from the S2K group in STL are long gone at this point, but if we're still doing monthly meetings for pizza, I suppose that you'll be seeing me once again soon.

Greg Hagopian
Old 01-13-2019, 10:21 AM
Community Organizer

Congrats on your purchase, Greg. We still do meet for Pizza the 3rd Thursday of every month

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands