Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Lots of Kids Want to Race

Old 04-21-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lots of Kids Want to Race

This car sure gets attention -- including some unwanted attention. Driving home from Stefanina's three goofballs on Hwy. K wanted to race me. I have long-ago learned that street racing is not worth the risks. Many drivers you run across on the road are just too crazy for me.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kschoenefeld
This car sure gets attention -- including some unwanted attention. Driving home from Stefanina's three goofballs on Hwy. K wanted to race me. I have long-ago learned that street racing is not worth the risks. Many drivers you run across on the road are just too crazy for me.
Yes it does get attention and sometimes that kind.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:22 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup- Sad but true... If I were to guess I get revved at once out of every five times I pull the car out of the garage. Just not worth it for me... Besides... I'm too old for that!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've noticed this also, but you also get really positive attention from other true enthusiasts. For example few days ago someone in a brand new corvette pulls up next to me, rolls down the limo tinted windows and starts waving at me with a huge grin.

even exotic cars like Maserati and vipers try to get me to race. I think it's because there aren't very many s2ks out there on the road.
for some reason tho, people in German sports cars give me dirty looks, especially porsche drivers and I have no clue why. I love Porsche's!! Just not the drivers haha.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Talking

Get used to it Karl. That Suzuka always attracted attention when I had it.