Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Anyone close to Roswell?

Old 01-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone close to Roswell?

Hey guys I'm looking to get my first s2000. I'm looking at this car 2005 s2000 I wasn't sure if anyone knows this car or is close enough and they wouldn't mind looking at it. I live in Cincinnati and would really appreciate any help or information. Thanks
Old 01-12-2015, 07:29 PM

I'll be in Roswell tomorrow (picking up my car from the body shop actually); I'll call and see if they're around and let you know if I can swing by and take a look at it.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by SamWhited
I'll be in Roswell tomorrow (picking up my car from the body shop actually); I'll call and see if they're around and let you know if I can swing by and take a look at it.
Thanks for the offer. The dealer just sent me the carfax and it's been in a wreck. Don't worry about it!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:11 PM

Ah, too bad; I actually just got home and I swung by and looked at it on the way back. Overall it was pretty clean; the only indication that it had been in a wreck (he actually seemed to think it hadn't been, but offered to pull the carfax for me just in case) was that the front right headlight could have been adjusted a bit (I didn't get to check out the frame which is what I'd want to look at if I was considering buying it).

Otherwise it was pretty clean; the exterior and interior were in great condition. I couldn't raise/lower the top because it was pooring down rain, but on the other hand it was pooring down rain and the interior was perfectly dry. VTEC worked great, and it had a K&N cold air intake on it which sounded nice at high RPMs. The only other modifications I noticed were an aftermarket stereo and a small subwoofer in the trunk (which fit up against the right side of the trunk so you still had the toolbox area free). It also had some sort of little antenna on the back; he wasn't sure what it was for, XM or Sirius radio I assume. It also had cleared sidemarkers (which look great on silver IMO); those may or may not have been stock, I know the CR version came with them, but I don't know about the regular AP2's. These looked like OEM sidemarkers either way.

If someone were looking for a first S2000 I'd say this is a good buy, especially after you use the fact that you know it was in a wreck to talk them down a bit. That being said, I don't have anything to compare it to.