Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Weapons carry permit holders?

Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weapons carry permit holders?

Are there any weapons carry permit holders on here that carry daily? Do you keep your weapon holstered on your person while driving or do you have some sort of system/ holster in your S?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badboy00z
Do you keep your weapon holstered on your person while driving or do you have some sort of system/ holster in your S?
If I've got my out-of-wasteband belt holster on I just keep it holstered (it actually fits in the bucket seat quite comfortably), but if I've got my in-wasteband holster on it's really uncomfortable so I tend to just pop it off and keep it under the seat or in the elastic pouch on the passenger side.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by badboy00z
Are there any weapons carry permit holders on here that carry daily? Do you keep your weapon holstered on your person while driving or do you have some sort of system/ holster in your S?
OWB holster I usually just plop it under the seat since i usually wear fitted tee's that don't cover the gun in public. Though I'm a little shaky on the details doesn't GA have open carry as well though?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tmayne124
Though I'm a little shaky on the details doesn't GA have open carry as well though?
Legally it does, but (at least in the Atlanta area) I'm always a little hesitant to carry openly; people tend to freak out on you. In the more rural parts of the state (where I'm from) it's generally much more widely accepted.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:17 AM

Legally it does, but (at least in the Atlanta area) I'm always a little hesitant to carry openly; people tend to freak out on you. In the more rural parts of the state (where I'm from) it's generally much more widely accepted.
[/quote]

Yea I thought so was crazy remember working on my Ex's car and the police drove by asked me to hand them my gun ran a check on it then told me I should leave it in my car. Showed them I had carry license so I was guessing maybe we don't have open carry like I thought. Either that or is an open carry license different than a regular gun permit though I highly doubt it.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:34 AM

Yea I thought so was crazy remember working on my Ex's car and the police drove by asked me to hand them my gun ran a check on it then told me I should leave it in my car. Showed them I had carry license so I was guessing maybe we don't have open carry like I thought. Either that or is an open carry license different than a regular gun permit though I highly doubt it.
There's actually no more concealed carry permit in Georgia; it's just a "Weapons Carry License" now which you need for concealed or open carry other than on your property or inside your home, car, or your place of business if I'm not mistaken (obviously the usual disclaimers apply, I'm not a lawyer, etc.).

If a police officer asks if I have a weapon on me I obviously won't lie and will let him know, but I would never hand it over... I'm pretty sure they can't compell you to do that w/o probable cause (illegal search and seizure and all that). I'd just hand them my WCL and tell them I'm not comfortable letting them handle my firearm (then if they insisted, I'd probably give in, but be sure to record the whole thing). I've never had any trouble with Georgia police though.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:36 AM

Well being a young 23 year old African American male with a .45 holstered on my hip probably is more of a reason I was approached and asked to hand over my gun after stating and showing my weapon license. Not trying to play the race card but hey just saying.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:11 PM

Well being a young 23 year old African American male with a .45 holstered on my hip probably is more of a reason I was approached and asked to hand over my gun after stating and showing my weapon license. Not trying to play the race card but hey just saying.
Yah, sadly I don't doubt it... *sigh*
Old 03-28-2014, 01:02 PM

I'm a little late to this party but I use to carry of a few different weapons in my S. I toyed with a lot of different locations and ended up putting the weapon barrel down between the passenger seat and the tunnel right next to the seatbelt. I found this to be the spot that best allowed me to grab it if needed without having to feel around for it. (like under the seat) I primarily carried a glock of some sort there.

As far as cc'ing while driving I've tried many many different holsters and weapons but the only weapon I found that I could tolerate to wear was the LCP carried in IWB. The only problem with that was it wasn't the easiest to unholster while sitting with the seatbelt fastened. Solution, 1 weapons stayed in the vehicle and the other i cc'd.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread but that is illegal. I have my weapons license and I read everything before applying for one. They're not supposed to ask you if you have a weapons license unless you are under some sort of suspicion for something. By them asking for your weapon they violated your rights. Just saying.

Quick Reply: Weapons carry permit holders?