Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%*!#&%!386st Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 05-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

1st SOLO then cabinets.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Former Moderator

3-1/2 hours to go
Old 05-24-2018, 12:35 PM

Received 766 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Pretty much this.

Hexavalent chromium is nasty stuff and is extremely difficult to remove from water, you need specialized medias and resins to address it. They're very expensive and don't last for very long, second issue is those medias you used are then toxic so they have to be disposed of as the same as nuclear waste. Very very costly at any level, the Erin Brockovich movie was about the same topic, it's from companies dumping stuff illegally. Chemicals then end up in the wells and ground water in the area.

At those levels I wouldn't touch it, you'd need municipal level equipment (and budget) to deal with it.
Hopefully this person was in Owings Mills, MD. I've been looking for an excuse to move. Radioactive water sounds like just the thing
Old 05-24-2018, 12:39 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4,656 Likes on 3,343 Posts

I have an "it's a small world" question for you, Sam... Have you ever heard of a company called H2O Solutions near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? They sell and service water purification systems mostly for industry and hospitals.

I know of them because my mom worked for them in the 90's and I even had a weekend gig there for a while. All the water talk reminded me of them. They have a horribly outdated website so I'm wondering if they are even still in business. Anywho... Just curious...
Old 05-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Community Organizer

Pics?
I haven't seen it myself yet but I'll take some when I get home and post them here.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:42 PM
Community Organizer

I put the tile one up the other day, didn't I? Sam may have just missed it...

Old 05-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Former Moderator

It posted in previous HAW yesterday. It appeared in our group text on Tuesday.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI
I have an "it's a small world" question for you, Sam... Have you ever heard of a company called H2O Solutions near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? They sell and service water purification systems mostly for industry and hospitals.

I know of them because my mom worked for them in the 90's and I even had a weekend gig there for a while. All the water talk reminded me of them. They have a horribly outdated website so I'm wondering if they are even still in business. Anywho... Just curious...
I haven't, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. We generally sell to companies that don't sell "normal" water treatment equipment (water softeners etc) as they're typically locked in with a manufacturer and can't deviate from their product line.

Most of our business is OEM stuff, our branded line isn't what makes the money, it just helps with brand awareness.

And yes, their website is god awful.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by TepEvan
Hopefully this person was in Owings Mills, MD. I've been looking for an excuse to move. Radioactive water sounds like just the thing
Oklahoma, but you never know, depends what type of manufacturing was done in the area in the last 100 years or so. What goes in the ground (or drain) ends up in the water table eventually. It's then damn hard to nail it to one company for legal reasons so most don't worry about it. 3M and Dow have issues on the east coast with PFOA/FPOS being dumped and they'll end up paying a fine or it. Paying the fine is a cheap way out though, dealing with the contamination costs a hell of a lot more money than a fine.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:56 PM
Community Organizer

I haven't, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. We generally sell to companies that don't sell "normal" water treatment equipment (water softeners etc) as they're typically locked in with a manufacturer and can't deviate from their product line.

Most of our business is OEM stuff, our branded line isn't what makes the money, it just helps with brand awareness.

And yes, their website is god awful.
From what I remember, the systems H2O sold were custom made in house from various components with each one being designed specifically for a given customer. Most of the systems did RO treatment for local hospitals - their biggest customers at the time. They also had a "plant" of sorts that regenerated the resin. None of what I remember had anything to do with domestic water filtration.

Last edited by WhrDLMI; 05-24-2018 at 01:02 PM.