Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*370rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 05-13-2015, 07:22 AM

Received 154 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by tacocat
Originally Posted by 3AFL S2K' timestamp='1431529635' post='23611405
[quote name='SlowTeg' timestamp='1431529247' post='23611399']
[quote name='e3opian' timestamp='1431523690' post='23611240']
Yea, I'm thinking if I have time for classes at this point, it's going to have to be career oriented.
Ha. Honestly it's a class that I think EVERY homeowner ought to take. It actually wasn't very time consuming either. It was like two saturdays I think in the morning, maybe 3 hrs each time? They had some hands on stuff as well like how to properly twist wires together before installing wire nuts, changing receptacles, etc. It was taught by an electrician and they were great about answering any home reno/misc questions as well. The one I took was offered by ffx county.
I'm really going to look into this. I definitely will need to know this stuff.
[/quote]
I took a construction class in high school--learned basic electric, plumbing, drywall, framing, etc. Best high school class I took. Then I spent a summer in the electrical union. That is the basis of my knowledge.
[/quote]
One of the places I applied to was the local labor union. I'm just waiting for the next testing day. I would actually become certified in a few different things. I figure it can't hurt to learn.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 154 Likes on 88 Posts

Labor
Old 05-13-2015, 07:26 AM

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,306 Posts

And boots. And pants. Boots and pants. Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants
Old 05-13-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by 3AFL S2K
One of the places I applied to was the local labor union. I'm just waiting for the next testing day. I would actually become certified in a few different things. I figure it can't hurt to learn.
Trades are always good. If a pipe breaks, it does not care about how the economy is doing. If a roof leaks, it does not care if the government is in a shut down. If the lights stop working, they don't care if one of your employees flees to Russia and exposes all your dirty laundry.

Trades=jerb security most of the time.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 AM

Received 679 Likes on 386 Posts

ibtl?

Received 679 Likes on 386 Posts

i miss hanging out with you guys

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

I reno'd a bunch of bathrooms, I'm particularly happy with how this one came out. The previous homeowner clearly did a real ghetto job.

Pre
[attachment=79058rebath.jpg]

Attached Thumbnails %!&#*370rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%-prebath.jpg   %!&#*370rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%-postbath.jpg