S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/hawaii-s2000-owners-55/)
-   -   Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/hawaii-s2000-owners-55/tuning-1089470/)

AP1EM1 06-23-2014 12:08 PM

Tuning

Hey guys as some of you know im off on deployment right now and trying to get all my ducks in a row. So ive decided to buy a Kraftwerks supercharger and going with AEM V2 for tuning. The big question is who would you go to for tuning on island that able to do AEM management system. Install will all be done by yours truly being ive done it before. Also seeing if anyone is able to do a base tune to get it rolling to a dyno or just so it can be started to make sure i don't have to do anything extra at the dyno shop. If anything it will be towed to a shop to keep it safe if i cant get a base tune. Thanks in advance for any advice.

bouford 06-23-2014 12:34 PM

cool max! whoever you buy your aem v2 from should be able to give you a base tune. i bought mine from evans in 09 and they gave me my base tune to get to the dyno/tuner.

i have had my03 tuned by chris black of ams twice. once in 2011 and again in 2013. the suby/evo guys set him up usually. he comes to oahu two or three times a year.

overall, happy with the drive ability of the tune. chris drives the car on the dyno so it was cool to see.
he offers assistance with the tune after as well. i e-mail and he responds quickly. i had a issue with car bogging with ac... up ac setting, fixed.

pete and mike have had aaron (regularguy) tune their 06+ s2ks. i'll have them chime in. aaron has also tuned many of the scca guys too.

for both tuners, rads dyno is used. gl!

s2ksi8 06-23-2014 02:58 PM

As felipe said, i had aaron do my first real tune. I did what felipe did, and got evans to give me the base tune with my flashpro. Then i drove it around. Aaron also provided me with insight as to what to improve or what to change (i.e. My air filter was a crap one and proved less efficiency with the boost). I plan to either go back to aaron or try a friends friend at munkywerks. But i am also contemplating taking out the charger haha. But good luck nonetheless!

AP1EM1 07-23-2014 01:03 AM

Hey again guys. Thought i would give everyone a little update on this supercharger plan. I ordered my KW Supercharger kit and AEM V2 from a buddy on the east coast. Everything should show up at some point this week. I should be getting back to Hawaii the first week of August. I have about a month to complete this project due to me leaving the island again in early September. Ill try and remember to take a lot of photos and keep everyone updated on this project.

bouford 07-23-2014 09:47 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: come auto-x when you get back!

racecarpete 07-23-2014 12:23 PM

Doing the install yourself? Need any help? I've done a couple of SOS supercharger kit installs.

Looks like you are stationed at the Marine base. I live in Kailua, 5 min from the base.

AP1EM1 07-23-2014 11:56 PM

I live in Kaneohe, ive got a few people that are planing on helping but if i need some extra help ill make sure to ask. Thanks!